Join Kili and Fili to learn a delicious, versatile cookie recipe that is perfect for a holiday treat no matter what hemisphere you’re in! The recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens and you can find it here.
Happy Hobbit is celebrating their reaction video to the Desolation of Smaug trailer going viral on this day seven years ago (6/11/13) by releasing a new video including recently rediscovered footage from the magical day.
Kellie and Alex, known to fans of their long-running webseries as Kili and Fili, uploaded their reaction video as their means of participating in TheOneRing.net’s staff reactions to the trailer. It was then shared by Peter Jackson’s Facebook page, along with a video of the Elven cast including Evangeline Lily, Orlando Bloom, and Lee Pace (Tauriel, Legolas and Thranduil) reacting to the fan enthusiasm called “Happy Elves.” Happy Hobbit then filmed their overwhelmed reaction to the cast’s reaction. This series of reaction videos was aptly dubbed “Hobbitception” in reference to the dream within a dream sequence of the film Inception. The playlist below includes all of the videos in order.
This whirlwind adventure truly was a dream come true!
Join Kili to learn the secrets of her famous carrot cake in this Easter special! Recipe below.
KILI’S FAMOUS CARROT CAKE
4 beaten eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1+ teaspoon cinnamon plus a mix of nutmeg, ginger and cloves
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 cups shredded carrots
¾ cup cooking oil
½ cup finely chopped, toasted pecans
CREAM CHEESE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
2 sticks unsalted butter
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 teaspoons cream cheese flavoring
- Grease and lightly flour two 9×1-1/2-inch round baking pans or grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. If you have them, place parchment rounds on the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift and combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Chop up about 5 large carrots and pulverize them in a food processor.
- Combine the carrots, oil, and eggs. Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes for round pans or 35 to 40 minutes for 13×9-inch pan or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool layer cakes on wire racks for 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges then remove from pans and peel off parchment. Cool thoroughly on wire racks. Or, place 13×9-inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Allow butter to soften then blend with vanilla and cream cheese flavoring, a dash of milk, and 3 sifted cups of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar).
- Frost the sides and top of the cake.
- While frosting is still moist, sprinkle on the toasted pecans and any other decorations your heart desires!
Join Kili for a fun craft and some tips and tricks to bring the outdoors in and to add a touch of Elven beauty to your abode!
Join Fili and Kili to learn a festive craft that can be used as both a decoration and to feed local wildlife! Click here to watch the new episode!
Looking to capture some hobbity festive fun? Then also check out Happy Hobbit’s Christmas playlist here!
Happy Hobbit is back with an all-new Halloween special. Can Fili make a haunted burrow as good as Kili’s? Watch the episode here!