Mexican film-maker Guillermo del Toro is making himself comfortable in Wellington as he hunkers down to direct The Hobbit including replicating his Los Angeles “man cave”. Oscar winner del Toro has two homes in LA a family home and another a few blocks away to house his enormous collection of books, graphic novels and other memorabilia. “The beauty of it is that I wake up, I kiss the wife, I take the kids to school, I go up literally to `my house’ and I spend all morning there. I have lunch with [my family], spend the afternoon in my house and come back at night,” he told The Dominion Post. Hobbit director sets up his man cave
Category: Director news
Guillermo del Toro is slated to be a guest on ‘The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson’ on Monday, June 1st. He is currently heading over to LA for a book tour to promote ‘The Strain’. ‘The Late Late Show’ airs after Late Show with David Letterman, at 12:37AM.
Harnessing the global movie industry to build a world-class Wellington facility has turned silver-screen success into a gold award for movie mogul Peter Jackson’s Park Road Post. Previously a category winner for creative company in the Gold Awards in 2006, the Miramar-based business was presented the overall 2009 Gold Award by Prime Minister John Key. The Gold Awards, in their 11th year, recognised Wellington business successes in front of a 750-strong crowd at the Bollywood-themed event in the city last night. With more than 60 staff and modern film classics including the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Once Were Warriors, and The World’s Fastest Indian to its name, Park Road Post is widening its presence in the United States and Asian markets. Movie maker, entrepreneur share the golden glow
Dustyhobbit writes: I have exciting news for those in the LA area, Guillermo del Toro will be at one of our stores on 2 June for a discussion and booksigning of ‘The Strain’. From the website: The director of Pan’s Labyrinth presents a novel about a horrifying battle between man & vampire that threatens all humanity. Discussion and Signing June 02, 2009 7:00 PM. Westwood Borders (1360 Westwood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90024).
Pre-Order ‘The Strain: Book One of The Strain Trilogy (Hardcover)’ on Amazon.com today!
From the folks at Creation Entertainment: We’re very happy to announce today that superstar director/producer/writer GUILLERMO DEL TORO has joined the amazing guest list headlining the upcoming Fangoria’s WEEKEND OF HORRORS coming to New York City on June 5 to 7, 2009 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. Guillermo’s incredible work includes directing HELLBOY I & II, PAN’S LABRYINTH, BLADE II, and MIMIC, as well as the upcoming HOBBIT films (I & II)
Guillermo joins already announced genre celebrities including DARIO ARGENTO, TOBE HOOPER, DOUG BRADLEY, HERSCHELL GORDON LEWIS, JAMES MARSTERS, TOM SAVINI, ASHLEY LAURENCE, KANE HODDER and many, many more! Tickets are priced as low as $20 a day and EVERYONE gets to see all the guests on stage! CLICK ON THROUGH FOR ALL THE DETAILS and don’t miss the fun!
Peter Jackson has confirmed that The Hobbit, to be shot in Wellington next year, will be one continuous movie in two parts and not two self-contained films. When the project was announced in late 2007, the plan was for two films to be shot back-to-back. The first film would be based on The Hobbit in its entirety, or, some of the story would spill over into the second film which would also be based on author JRR Tolkien’s other writings to create a direct link to The Lord of the Rings. But Jackson, who is also an executive producer on the project, said The Hobbit would now take up all of both films. “We decided it would be a mistake to try to cram everything into one movie,” he hold British film magazine Empire. Hobbit: One tale in two parts