TheOneRing.net: Collecting The Precious – Weta Workshop’s Witch-king & Frodo at Weathertop https://t.co/NXZ81l5tDw

TheOneRing.net: We have a confirmation for SDCC: Rohan will NOT answer this year. https://t.co/F1ohFGgsUP

TheOneRing.net: Faramir's men wearing masks since the third age. https://t.co/1C617ExGJm

A Message from Guillermo

June 6, 2010 at 3:50 pm by Altaira  -

As Guillermo Del Toro promised on the day the story broke here at TheOneRing.net of his departure from The Hobbit, he stopped by our message boards today with a few more comment for the fans:

“So – while the cited delays, contractual complexities or obstacles, cannot be attributed to a single event or entity – you will simply have to believe that they were of sufficient complexity and severity to lead to the current situation. Trust me on this,  leaving NZ and the Hobbit crew is extremely painful. As stated before- a wealth of designs, animatics, boards and sculptures is left behind representing accurately my ideas for Mirkwood, Spiders, Wargs, Stone Trolls, etc, etc and everyone (PJ, FW, PB and myself) has the same goal in mind: to try and ensure the best possible transition of the movie to a new director.”

We at TheOneRing.net consider it a privilege to count Guillermo among our readers, members and friends and hope our relationship continues well into the future. We wish him well in wrapping up his involvement in The Hobbit and in all his future endeavors. Guillermo’s entire message can be found here.

Posted in Director news, Director Rumors, Guillermo Del Toro, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit on June 6, 2010 by
A Message from Guillermo | Discuss

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles

10 responses to “A Message from Guillermo”

1. Tonyleong81 says:

It is only fated that the great Peter Jackson himself helm the strength of The Hobbit. There's no other director on earth that has the exact knowledge and passion towards Tolkien's world better than Jackson. I pray that Weta & Dreamworks combine to make The Hobbit into a Trilogy! MGM does not deserve such a priceless precious piece of treasure as The Hobbit! Never loose hope, The Hobbit WILL BE MADE and Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh will be the soul of the trilogy. God bless you, Peter…we, the fans, will be your strength!

2. Guest says:

Amen Brotha'!!!

3. Fartsauce says:

These films SHOULD NOT be in 3d. 3d, in my opinion, tends to take away from film more so than add anything. Especially when scenes are added in just to take advantage of the 3d visuals (example: in “Avatar” someone draws an arrow and the camera whips around so the arrow is pointed at the audience making it 3 dimensional)…*sigh*… so unecessary

4. RulerL0rd says:

i totally agree with you Tonyleong81. I pray that Peter Jackson will be directing these movies. I hoped that he would make them from the first time. It may be somewhat a fortunate thing that Guillermo Del Toro has stepped down as director. Its not that i think hes not suitable, but its best this movie to be as glorious as the Lord of the Rings movies. And whos better to make this true than Peter Jackson. We the fans all support you! We are waiting with patience to see something good

5. Dungolfin says:

I for one hope that Jackson can resist the temptation to direct The Hobbit. His inability to resist self indulgence and the odd bit of slapstick, for me took the edge off the rings trilogy. Personally if it can't be Del Toro then I would have liked to see Ridley Scott's take on the story.

6. Fwkelly says:

I'm sure there was a ton of behind the scenes footage, both of the writing process and especially the design work. I wonder will any of it be released? I'd love to see a 'what could have been' doc! Probably not though, still, would be fun.

7. Creosote Clem says:

I didn't know Mr. Del Toro was directing the Hobbit! And now he is gone… Oh well, I should try and keep up better with things I spose. I wonder if Mr Jackson fired him.

8. Lotrfan4evr says:

This is what I think:
    1. Thank God he stepped down. Not that I don't loved him less, but that I loved PJ more. I think this just opens for PJ. How could he resist? LOTR is home for PJ, I think, and here he can wrap it up the correct way. Use your magic, please Mr. Jackson. We will all weep tears of joy if you but direct. We can wait a few more years until you get time. We just love your work.

2. I have to agree with an earlier post. 3D is just horrible. Not only does it give headaches, but they do make cheap shots to make it look impressive to the audience. This takes away from the story like a distraction really. Plus, why not be consistant with the LOTR? I don't know why people would want something new. I love the LOTR in every aspect of it and am scared things will change. From lighting and shots, music to actors, please try to be consistant. We don't want to be like Harry Potter who was thrown from director to director and changed style to style. Even Hagrid's house moved a few times.

CONSISTANCY IS ALL I ASK! PLEASE DELIVER MR. PETER JACKSON!

9. Joey says:

No 3d. Has anyone saw Pans Labyrynth ? Del Toro is a very capable director , As Peter Jackson is . Please don't forget it's prior to LOTR's and is a bit more “young”, “childrenish” And is almost a different animal.
    Who is going to direct ? Just do this please .

10. Matai says:

Peter…

The boy you still are and will be again follows along with efforts you have tried to gently put aside, with ideas that”someone else can do this story.”
    You know it is not just that.

You picked up this banner when you were a kid.. like many of us..
    So, set aside your doubts and do what must be. Like jrt did and in the name of his spirit which is your equal spirit. Lead ON boy!
    everyone will follow.
    do the very best you know you can. Histoy will do the rest.
    peace