TheOneRing.net: Amazon: but we just paid a billion dollars for the rights! https://t.co/HByX7dEtZa

TheOneRing.net: Security cam footage proves that Gandalf is officially a disturber of the peace! #Happy4thofJuly https://t.co/xf2UgGtJOc

TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

Thorin and Company – Full Body Rendering

July 18, 2011 at 3:22 pm by newsfrombree  -

Ringer Lotroel has just now sent us an update to his already impressive Photoshop compilation of all the dwarves in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit. You’ll notice in this pic, Lotroel has speculated a full body rendition of Thorin in the middle of the image. Looks pretty darn good to us! Click on the image above for a large version. And don’t forget to surf around our Hobbit section to learn more about each actor, character and more! [Hobbit Section]

Posted in Adam Brown, Casting Rumors, Characters, Graham McTavish, Headlines, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, James Nesbitt, John Callen, Ken Stott, Mark Hadlow, Peter Hambleton, Rob Kazinsky, Stephen Hunter, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements on July 18, 2011 by Thorin and Company – Full Body Rendering | Discuss

18 responses to “Thorin and Company – Full Body Rendering”

1. polkadot says:

Those characters are AWESOME! I can’t wait to see them on the screen!

2. Tari Surion says:

Very impressive job of completing Thorin. I was looking to find where all the parts were taken that made him up, but I still don’t know where the sword point came from.

3. Bregalad says:

The little silhouette of the dwarf kind is offset by many others
    characteristics, like respectable beards, expressive faces, robust body,
    etc, which are visible in Dori, Gloin, Oin and a few others. However, the way some of the dwarves were done make them look like short
    men, including the great Thorin, a shorty men of the west’s descendant.

What I think about these is that, in scenes with people like Gandalf, they will be weird, and maybe even funny.

4. Kathryn says:

Ijust have one tiny teeny hesitation with this picture – shouldn’t Thorin be a little taller! After all, Richard Armitage is taller than all the other actors playing the dwarves! except, maybe…Aidan Turner?  Apart from that – great work!

5. Kathryn says:

I just have one tiny teeny hesitation about this picture – shouldn’t thorin be a little taller? After all, Richard Armitage is taller than all the other actors playing the dwarves! Except, maybe….Aidan Turner?

6. Youarehobbit says:

I don’t know why people think “beard=Gimli clone”… all bearded men look the same do they? I’m pretty sure that if you slapped 13 real beards on the above they would still keep their individuality. Sure even Fili’s and kili’s should be a bit shorter but not non existent. Dwarves without beards is the same as elves without pointy ears or Hobbits without large hairy feet. Appeal to a wider audience? Why? The core fans are the reason stories are popular enough to get attention from production companies in the first place. Everyone has seen what happens when trying to appeal to a wider audience .. You lose the core and the passive cinema goers don’t understand what the hell is going on so movies are reduced to nothing but flashing images for the brain dead audience who see it only because whatever other hollywood trash was on at that time was sold out.

7. Trying to print the photo out, but I can only get about 70% – anyone got any ideas?

8. Finrodel says:

Looks like the top of Glamdring to me. The rest of his rendering I believe is a black version of Gimili.

9. DissatisfiedFan says:

They look really goofy. Bombur looks like Obelix from Asterix and Obelix, Bofur a Canadian, and Fili and Kili two shrunk elves! What are they doing to the colorful company of dwarves from the Hobbit?

10. the gollum guy says:

In Terms of SH00Ping, i do like how you took Gloins Trousers, flipped them, offed the color and pasted. Very Good

11. Noel says:

No, Kili is a dwarf.  I thought sexy-Kili was a bit much myself.  Leave it to Hollywood.  Sexy has its place, but good sometimes Hollywood makes me nuts.

12. Firiel Peredhel says:

I like them, but I thought Thorin was a little older…….

13. Kili is the only one that I’m not too crazy about. Otherwise, the designers did a fine job of creating separate “looks” for a group of characters that tends to feel one-like-the-other in the book. Yes, I know Thorin is the King-in-exile and Bombur is obese, but nothing else really stands out about the others in my memory.

14. Mlgrod says:

can someone add Gimli to this photo? I want to see how he fits in =) the dwarves look great by the way

15. BeeGee says:

Wow!  Great photoshop. They look great to me, but then I thought Gimli was sex-on-a-stick.  I’m not only looking forward to the movie, but the behind-the-scenes DVDs.  Oakenshield looks…intimidating.  I remember that some of the costumes changed in LOTR from the publicity stills, it’s early days yet.

16. Rochendil says:

I agree almost 100% with your comment.  In the real world many human cultures define themselves with a distinctive cultural look.  The same is clearly meant to apply to dwarves and that means beards.  Everybody knows this !!  Elves also need pointy ears and hobbits hairy feet.  However Tolkien to my knowledge never said that hobbits had BIG feet.  I think that was a product of early illustrations by the Brothers Hildebrant.

If you look at Bilbo’s feet in these films, you will see they’re even bigger than in LOTR!  For me this is a worrying trend because it suggests a tonal shift from the epic scale of LOTR to a potentially cringeworthy adventure comedy.  I hope I’m wrong.

17. I finally learned who is who and will now go and read the Hobbit once more with these looks in mind.
    Damn, you wouldn’t wanna mess with these guys. They’re the antithesis of disney’esque Snowwhite dwarfs.

18. Azog says:

I personally found the dwarves’ looks appalling..I mean, why go for such extreme “individual looks” if nearly all of the dwarves come from one clan ( Durin’s line) and are related to one another? besides, Thorin looks like a Clingon, and Bofur, Ori, Fili and Kili don’t even look like dwarves.. Of course I’m still going to give the film a chance, and I’m still a huge fan of PJ’s vision, but I think they could have done better with the dwarves’ designs (at least the above mentioned).