Newsweek’s Special Edition: J.R.R. Tolkien – The Genius Behind Middle-earth
This special edition looks at J.R.R. Tolkien’s history, creativity and his influence on current works in the fantasy genre.
This edition also includes articles on the biopic “Tolkien” in theatres now, and Amazon’s television series in a stunning, high-quality, glossy 100-page issue filled with full-page photos. Another wonderful collectible by Newsweek in its 3rd Tolkien Special Editions on newsstands and store check-out lanes until June 29, 2019. [Topix Media Specials]
- Tolkien Newsweek Special Edition May-June 2017: J.R.R. Tolkien—The Mind of a Genius Tolkien
- Newsweek Special Edition August 2018: J.R.R. Tolkien—Celebrating the Professor’s Greatest Creations Tolkien
- Newsweek Special Edition May-June 2019: J.R.R. Tolkien—The Genius Behind Middle-Earth
Some of the items included in this issue:
- Creating Middle-earth
- The Man Behind Middle-earth: The life of the 20th century’s most imaginative writer.
- Laying the Foundations: The story behind Beren and Lúthien.
- Fantasy to Reality: Tolkien’s creation of Middle-earth.
- Searching For Tolkien: A look at Fox Searchlight’s film “Tolkien”.
- Exploring Middle-earth:
- Tale of the Ages: A timeline of major event in Middle-earth.
- Tracing Their Journey: A wonderful map showing the paths of the Fellowship during the Quest.
- Welcome to the Second Age: Looks at Amazon’s Tolkien Series (w/map)
- Ring Bearers: Diagram tracing the history of the Rings of Power (Awesome!)
- Celebrating Middle-earth:
- A Literary Legacy: Tolkien’s influence on the genre: Looks at films, music and literature from Game of Thrones to Led Zeppelin; including comments by many famous authors.
- The Saga’s Breakout Star: An interview with Andy Serkis.
- Ring Games: Reveals a new game made available in 2021.
- Quenya: Speak like an Elf?: Looks at Tolkien and language.
- Tolkien Maker of Middle-earth: Looks at an exhibit at NY’s Morgan Library works by Tolkien.
- 1919: A Most Momentous Year: Tolkien’s steps in the direction of Middle-earth.
- One Fan To School Them All: Stephen Colbert is a noted Tolkien fan.