Come join us for our Feast of Starlight celebration at the historic Cat & Fiddle Restaurant and Pub in Hollywood, CA on Sunday, March 2 for “One Dragon, One Party”. We will be taking over the place and watching the telecast of the 86th annual Academy Awards® Middle-earth style. There will be big screens available in both the main dining room and out on the patio, as well as the mounted televisions located throughout the restaurant. With the nice weather Southern California has been enjoying all winter long, it is a safe bet that viewing on the patio will be a delightful experience, but mind the spiders…
“One Dragon, One Party” Details
What: TheOneRing.net presents “One Dragon, One Party” on Oscar Sunday for a Feast of Starlight celebration.
Where: The Cat & Fiddle Restaurant and Pub, 6530 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90028 – only blocks from the Dolby Theatre
When: Sunday, March 2, 2014 from 4pm to 11pm
Tickets: Purchase your tickets today! Don’t delay as there is a limited number of tickets available. Tickets are nonrefundable but are transferable until February 28th. Here are the pricing details for the two packages:
- Non-Drinkers and those under 21 –
$55– late registration $65 – will gain you admittance with a full sit-down dinner, one non-alcoholic beverage and dessert, with all taxes and gratuities included. You will also receive one raffle ticket.
- Adults who drink adult beverages –
$60– late registration $70 – will gain you admittance with a full sit-down dinner, one beverage ticket valid for any beer, wine or well drink valued at $6.50 or less, and a dessert, with all taxes and gratuities included. You will also receive one raffle ticket.
- Choice of Soup or Salad
- Choice of Entree:
- Fish and Chips
- Chicken Breast with Creole mustard sauce, mash potatoes, sauteed spinach with garlic
- Grilled Salmon with Tarragon Beurre Blanc sauce, rice pilaf, sauteed spinach with garlic
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie (lentils, split peas, vegetables) with mashed potato topping
- Choice of Dessert:
- Apple Crumble with custard or cream
- Warmed Walnut Brownies
- A spectacular raffle! You will be receiving one ticket as part of your registration.
- A fantastic silent auction! Items for both auction and raffle will be posted a few days before the party.
- Various games like the Guess the Winners prediction game.
- We will be attempting some online interaction, such as live chatting, tweeting, and if we can manage it, some live streaming. Although we can’t actually stream during the actual telecast, there is always the pre and post show fun and games to stream. Full activities available will be posted prior to the party.
- Valet parking is available for $6 at the restaurant. There are secure parking lots elsewhere throughout the neighborhood as well as street parking. Please pay attention to neighborhood parking permit signs if you plan to park on the street. Details of parking lot locations and street closures coming soon.
- All drinks beyond your first will be your own responsibility. There will be limited appetizers available for you to purchase throughout the party. And while gratuities are included in the meal, if you end up buying additional drinks or an appetizer, please remember to tip. The Cat & Fiddle has always been good to us at various Tolkien events throughout the years.
Dress code: This is slated to be a much more low key party, compared to our previous Oscar celebrations, which is the reason we chose TORn’s favorite pub in LA. With that in mind, this party is Cocktail Attire rather than formal Black Tie — although feel free to wear the tux or evening gown if you have it! Hollywood Chic (anything black) works, just steer clear of shorts and flip flops as that would be too casual for such a celebration. Costumes are always encouraged, including costume-lite, but no weapons of any kind can be brought into the venue.
If you have any questions, please email us.
“The ostler has a tipsy cat
that plays a five-stringed fiddle;
And up and down he runs his bow,
Now squeaking high, now purring low,
now sawing in the middle.”
Second stanza of ‘Merry old inn’ from “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring” when Frodo finds himself in need of a little distraction at the Prancing Pony in Bree.
Tolkien fandom in Los Angeles has a long history at the Cat & Fiddle Restaurant and Pub in Hollywood. TORn’s very first publicly sponsored event was a Golden Globes viewing party in 2002 for FOTR. Read a little review of the party after the fact.
The Tolkien Forever group started using the Cat & Fiddle for the January 3 Tolkien Toast event, which has been a big success each and every year since Tolkien’s Elventy-first birthday. When fans came into Hollywood for our “Lord of the Rings” Oscar parties, the Cat & Fiddle became the host venue for the TORn fan moots, and it has even hosted at least one fan wake. So come join the LA Tolkien fandom and watch the Oscars together, win or lose, in great fellowship!