TheOneRing.net: Collecting The Precious – Elessar’s Collection Update 2020 https://t.co/Czmi576EyA https://t.co/kkK9QQvd8w

TheOneRing.net: Looks like Dominic Monaghan is playing D&D tonight! Check out @DomsWildThings over on le twitch https://t.co/JiiIQmLC4k

TheOneRing.net: CONFIRMED: Cinematographer Óscar Faura joins Amazon's @LOTRonPrime show, worked on Imitation Game + all @filmbayonahttps://t.co/Sp74Q12W4q

Pre-Order ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ Soundtrack today!

October 23, 2012 at 1:20 am by newsfrombree  -

Thanks to Ringer Alan for alerting us of Amazon.com’s pre-order for ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ soundtrack. Two versions will be offered – a standard release and a Special edition. Both will have two discs and release December 11th 2012.  No cover art has been revealed, but we assume that will be forthcoming. Jump over to Amazon to snag what is sure to be Howard Shore’s latest triumph! [Special Edition] [Standard]

Posted in Hobbit Movie, Howard Shore, Music, The Hobbit on October 23, 2012 by
Thranduil Statue

26 responses to “Pre-Order ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ Soundtrack today!”

1. Joel Bion says:

Fix the typo please. “Snag WHAT” not “Snag WAR” 🙂

2. Joel Bion says:

Fix the typo please. “Snag WHAT” not “Snag WAR” 🙂

3. Joel Bion says:

Fix the typo please. “Snag WHAT” not “Snag WAR” 🙂

4. Joel Bion says:

Fix the typo please. “Snag WHAT” not “Snag WAR” 🙂

5. Joel Bion says:

Fix the typo please. “Snag WHAT” not “Snag WAR” 🙂

6. mushigao says:

I’m looking forward to this as much as the movie. For me, the LOTR score was a character in the trilogy. Without his music, the trilogy would have failed in my opinion. It would be like Jurassic Park minus dinosaurs. The same I suspect for the upcoming Hobbit. If Jackson had gone with another composer, even if every actor and scene were exactly the same, the films would have just been quickly forgotten fantasy films. And we also wouldn’t have the Hobbit trilogy to look forward to. Jackson and the actors would have made visually beautiful scenes and performances, but that main character provided by Howard Shore carried this film world to greatness.

7. mushigao says:

8. mushigao says:

9. mushigao says:

10. mushigao says:

11. mushigao says:

12. Mel823 says:

Soundtrack? Not Official Score?

13. Mel823 says:

Soundtrack? Not Official Score?

14. Mel823 says:

Soundtrack? Not Official Score?

15. i agree with you completely. some of my fondest memories consist of listening to The Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack in my room, going over the Guide to Middle-earth over and over, not being able to wait for the movie to come out – i did this with each movie, and though the movies are ground-breakingly good, it’s the score that i have the fondest memories with. thank goodness Shore came back.

16. JOSHUA says:

Great! I loved what Howard Shore did with the trilogy, and I’m gonna love this one too! It’s just so wonderfully enchanting, the music.

17. JOSHUA says:

18. JOSHUA says:

19. JOSHUA says:

20. JOSHUA says:

21. Lecrazy says:

Pretty old news, to be honest. It’s been up for weeks.

Is it bad that I’m more excited for Howard Shore’s score than I am for the actual movie? That man is brilliant, and provided the soundtrack for my life with LOTR.

22. Lecrazy says:

Pretty old news, to be honest. It’s been up for weeks.

23. Lecrazy says:

Pretty old news, to be honest. It’s been up for weeks.

24. Lecrazy says:

Pretty old news, to be honest. It’s been up for weeks.

25. hoping Amazon UK will stock it too :S

26. The Dovahkiin says:

I can’t wait, Shore’s score for the LOTR trilogy was one of the best scores in film history, no lies there, the awards say it all!
    I agree with what some of the others wrote, the score was a character all of it’s own in LOTR, and so it wil be in the Hobbit!
    I’m quite happy PJ got Shore back for this, the films would have had less cotinuity with the rings trilogy if they had gone with someone different, even someone as great as John Williams.
    And on Shore himself, his Middle-Earth music is his magnus opus, better than anything else he has done before or since, or likely ever will. He is a great composer, but hits new heights with ME (in fact some of his other scores sound paltrey compared to ME’s grandness). God bless Mr.Shore and the muses that guide him!