TheOneRing.net: I'm now streaming on Twitch! Playing Talk Shows https://t.co/LWNHMc0YuD

TheOneRing.net: Baggins Birthday Bash LIVE! https://t.co/jLMWqAd9in

TheOneRing.net: Today at 5:00pm Pacific Time join our virtual community for all the — costumes — recipes — games — family fun — an… https://t.co/upwPZ0JegJ

The Saorise Ronan/Itaril Rumours Can Now Be Laid To Rest

May 5, 2011 at 7:06 am by Earl  -

In a new interview with the Belfast TelegraphSaorise Ronan has revealed that she will not be playing the long rumoured role of the Elf Itaril in the upcoming Hobbit films.

An excerpt follows:

It’s probably not going to work out with The Hobbit unfortunately.

Because I would have been working for about a year on it and there were other projects that I was very interested in.

Head over to the Belfast Telegraph to read Ronan’s entire statement in the interview.

Does this mean the role of Itaril has been eliminated from the movie entirely, or does it simply mean that Ronan won’t be the one playing it? Discuss on our message boards.

Posted in Casting Rumors, Characters, Director news, Fran Walsh, Hobbit Movie, Peter Jackson, Saoirse Ronan, The Hobbit, Uncategorized on May 5, 2011 by Source: The Belfast Telegraph The Saorise Ronan/Itaril Rumours Can Now Be Laid To Rest | Discuss
Thranduil Statue

22 responses to “The Saorise Ronan/Itaril Rumours Can Now Be Laid To Rest”

1. Aldhissla says:

Hurray =)

2. Linda says:

Glad to hear it.

3. Itaril or not, she would have been ugly elf 😀

4. Itaril or not, she would have been ugly elf 😀

5. Itaril or not, she would have been an ugly elf.

6. Itaril or not, she would have been an ugly elf.

7. Taylor says:

Hurray? You think that a character that was integrated into the script that was going to take a year to shoot is going to be exercised from the script? No. The bummer is that we almost had the best young actress potentially going to make that watchable….now….we’re going to get some stopgap, lesser skilled actress for the role.

8. Taylor says:

9. merie says:

I agree. If Itaril exists she only should be played by Saorise Ronan.

10. hobby says:

That has put to rest a lot of the rumours about Saoirse and The Hobbit movie but not the character Itaril.

I don’t think this role was a cameo, to quote ‘I would have been working for about a year on it’

I am not disappointed at this news

11. guest says:

I agree too. Although I truly question whether a part that isn’t in the book would really be getting enough screen time to warrant a full year’s work. Liv Tyler didn’t spend the full 1.5 yrs filming her part, she went home and filmed another movie for several months. Cate was only on set for Galadriel for something like a week. Sean Bean wasn’t either. And those were all book-to-script roles.

Also, TORn, please take a second to spellcheck. Both your articles and your urls have been sort of laughable recently.

12. hobby says:

I know that Saoirse would have loved to have done The Hobbit if the time frame had allowed it to be so. She has not been idle that’s for sure, while all the rumours about the Itaril have been bandied about, Ronan has quietly been looking at other projects and options and many of these has caught her interest. I can see why there was an unwillingness to commit.

So I am not surprised.

13. Adeona says:

If there is truly going to be an Itaril, which sounds very likely, Saorise is the actress I would pick for the part.

So I am NOT happy to hear this.

14. Zbroja says:

Yes yes yes !!!!!!

15. Zbroja says:

Yes yes yes !!!!!!

16. MidwestPride says:

Some comments on anti-Itaril pages on Facebook are rather pathetic, basically insulting Ronan for wanting to be in The Hobbit. It’s one think to dislike the character but it’s another to make false accusations on an actress.

Minyarothiel Greenleaf begging for her role shitaril as usual :PApril 8 at 10:53am · Like · 2 peopleMinyarothiel Greenleaf she
    clearly said in another interview that she doesn’t want to be a hobbit
    in the movie because she hated hairy feet…sounds arrogant to me…any
    actor/actress will accept their role no matter what role that would
    be…April 8 at 11:01am · Like · 3 peopleDon’t put Itaril into The Hobbit Agree that she should be thankful for any role in this movie no matter if it’s some other race than elf.April 8 at 11:03am · Like · 5 peopleAlexander Suladze Yeah it really sounds arrogant. I don’t want to see her in the Hobbit movies at all…April 8 at 11:38am · Like · 2 people