TheOneRing.net: San Sebastiàn festival is honoring Viggo Mortensen and here is a 30 minute special *in Spanish* https://t.co/MksPa0jp6U

TheOneRing.net: Here is Obi-Wan himself saying LORD OF THE RINGS is a key inspiration for Star Wars https://t.co/J4b4YlfOWo

TheOneRing.net: Type the year you turned 10 into a GIF search https://t.co/RGq5iqeiW7 https://t.co/KqbAEn7dGC

Martin Freeman Is “Ready to be Bilbo”

November 11, 2010 at 8:06 am by Earl  -

TORn message board member AlexMaglor has pointed us to a great interview (albeit in Spanish) with Martin Freeman over at Spanish website elpais.com. But thanks to the linguistic skills of message board member Empedocles, we’ve now got the entire interview translated in English.

Here’s some snippets from the translated interview:

“I know my work plan” says Freeman. “I start in January, then I’ll have a break in the summer so I can shoot the second season of Sherlock, the BBC show where I portray Watson, and then I’ll be back in New Zealand in September in order to finish the movie by the end of the year”. The Englishman says summer because he’s thinking about the northern hemisphere seasons, but it will be winter in New Zealand.

“I wasn’t a fan of Tolkien before, I am now. A couple of weeks ago, I tried Bilbo’s hairy feet for the first time, and also the ears, although mine are big enough already, and the hair too. Moreover, they made molds out of those parts of my body since I’m going to be using prosthetics for many months. How did I look? Really different… but I’m ready to be Bilbo.”

Head over to our message boards for the translated interview and to read about Freeman’s conversations with Guillermo and PJ during the past couple of months.

Posted in Characters, Director news, Guillermo Del Toro, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Martin Freeman, Peter Jackson, Production, The Hobbit on November 11, 2010 by Source: elpais.com Martin Freeman Is “Ready to be Bilbo” | Discuss
Key to Erebor

9 responses to “Martin Freeman Is “Ready to be Bilbo””

1. Ngonbulu68 says:

Heck yea, I bet he’s a fan NOW! LOL!!!

2. Grey Rider says:

I will now boycott The Hobbit because Freeman is delaying filming on #Sherlock. I’m disappointed in his choice, & I won’t give The Hobbit my money.

3. MarieMJS says:

I kind of agree with this, LOL! I have to say I’d rather have him filming more episodes of #Sherlock as well, I love that show and I think The Hobbit project has lost its momentum with all the problems. And I love love love Martin Freeman, he’s a fantastic underrated actor, so I hope PJ gives him the role of a lifetime with this!Hopefully, when they film next year, they’ll do more than three episodes this time! Until then, I’ll go see Benedict Cumberbatch on stage at the National Theatre 😀

4. Peter Davidson says:

Well…He’s Good For Playing Bilbo Baggins For The Hobbit…I Hope Gandalf Is Ian McKellen And Saruman Is Christopher Lee!! They Really Do Fit For The Wizard Role… I Hope All The Lord Of The RIngs Trilogy Cast Play The Same Roles For This Movie!! I Would Be Really Dissapointed If They Are Not Included.
    Thankyou,
    Peter Davidson.

5. No matter how different he looks, he will still be completely freaking adorable.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS. (And equally excited for Sherlock.) I’ve been a fan of Martin since Hitchhiker’s Guide.

6. No matter how different he looks, he will still be completely freaking adorable.

7. No matter how different he looks, he will still be completely freaking adorable.

8. Annie B.V. says:

He’s not, actually. He originally turned down this role for Sherlock, but the Hobbit schedule is now working around that. Sherlock would not have shot until Summer anyway, since Moffat is busy over at Doctor Who.

9. Annie B.V. says: