See new, high-res artwork for The Desolation of Smaug LEGO sets!
Ringer Mr Spielbrick lets us know that we can now check out high-resolution artwork for the four movie tie-in LEGO sets for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug courtesy of user “HothBricks” over on Flickr. (Low-res versions have been floating round the internet for a couple of days but weren’t much more than a pixelated blur).
One thing these do is immediately provide an enormous amount of potential for speculation about the Dol Guldur plot in Desolation of Smaug because of the presence of The Nercromancer in the set called Dol Guldur Battle and Beorn in the Dol Guldur Ambush. Will Sauron and Gandalf really engage in some sort of confrontation? Is that statue in the DG Battle set actually holding a Palantir? Our friends at Bilbo-le-Hobbit tend to think so. And what is Beorn doing so far south of his home? Highlight above to reveal potential movie plot spoilers.
Dol Guldur Ambush (79011)
– Beorn with axe mini-fig.
– Two Gundabad Orc mini-figs with hair, one of which wears shoulder armour.
– Approximately $26.99.
Mirkwood Elf Army (79012)
– Thranduil with armour and crown mini-fig.
– Two Wood-elf mini-figs wearing hoods and dark green and brown armor.
– One additional Elf with hair.
– Two dark-tan Orcs and a Warg.
– Approximately $39.99.
Lake Town Chase (79013)
– Previously revealed but included here for completeness.
– Bilbo Baggins and Thorin Oakenshield mini-figs.
– Bard mini-fig.
– Master of Lake-town and Lake-town guard.
– Approximately $56.99.
Dol Guldur Battle (79014)
– Gandalf and Radagast mini-figs.
– The Necromancer mini-fig.
– Tan-coloured Azog mini-fig similar to the one given away at San Diego ComicCon 2013.
– Two Gundabad Orcs with no hair but with white war paint.
– Approximately $79.99.
If you like what we do, why not pick up a cool Lake-town Archery Club or Lake-town Fire Dept. t-shirt at our Emporium and help keep TheOneRing alive and independent?Posted in Collectibles, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit Movie Rumors, LEGO, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug on October 22, 2013 by Demosthenes