What does a “Hobbit sequel” mean? Bridge movie?
When the staff here at TheOneRing.net first heard the rumors that the Hobbit film deal would most likely be for two movies, it fueled a lot of speculation. Most of the speculation centers on the idea that the second movie will be a bridge between The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring.
Events that could be included in such a bridge movie:
- The White Council meets to discuss The Necromancer (aka Sauron)
- The White Council (including Saruman and Gandalf) attack The Necromancer’s stronghold at Dol Guldur. This is to prevent Sauron from searching the river for the Ring. Sauron abandons Dol Guldur and takes up residence in Mordor.
- Gollum leaves the mountain, searching for the “thief” Baggins.
- Sauron declared himself openly, starting to gather power to Mordor.
- Aragorn searches the wilds for Gollum.
- Aragorn’s engagement to Arwen.
- Frodo’s birth.
These are but a few things mentioned in Appendix B of Return of the King. These can be added to and expanded to make the story flow.Posted in Headlines, Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit on December 18, 2007 by Corvar
What does a “Hobbit sequel” mean? Bridge movie? | Discuss