Join Kili to learn the secrets of her famous carrot cake in this Easter special! Recipe below.
KILI’S FAMOUS CARROT CAKE
4 beaten eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1+ teaspoon cinnamon plus a mix of nutmeg, ginger and cloves
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 cups shredded carrots
¾ cup cooking oil
½ cup finely chopped, toasted pecans
CREAM CHEESE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
2 sticks unsalted butter
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 teaspoons cream cheese flavoring
- Grease and lightly flour two 9×1-1/2-inch round baking pans or grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. If you have them, place parchment rounds on the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift and combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Chop up about 5 large carrots and pulverize them in a food processor.
- Combine the carrots, oil, and eggs. Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes for round pans or 35 to 40 minutes for 13×9-inch pan or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool layer cakes on wire racks for 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges then remove from pans and peel off parchment. Cool thoroughly on wire racks. Or, place 13×9-inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Allow butter to soften then blend with vanilla and cream cheese flavoring, a dash of milk, and 3 sifted cups of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar).
- Frost the sides and top of the cake.
- While frosting is still moist, sprinkle on the toasted pecans and any other decorations your heart desires!