- Thorin and Gandalf’s chance meeting at the Prancing Pony (2941)
- In the early hours the Witch-king breaks the Gates of the City (3019)
- The horns of the Rohirrim are heard at cockcrow (3019)
- Denethor burns himself on a pyre (3019)
- Battle of the Pelennor (3019)
- Aragorn raises the standard of Arwen (3019)
- Dernhelm faces the Lord of the Nazgûl (3019)
- Théoden is slain (3019)
- Frodo and Samwise escape and begin their journey north along the Morgai (3019)
- Battle under the trees in Mirkwood; Thranduil repels the forces of Dol Guldur (3019)
- Second assault on Lórien (3019)
- The realm of King Brand of Dale is attacked (3019)
- Evening in the Morgai (3019)
- The wounded come to the Houses of Healing (3019)
- Gandalf hears the cry of the Lord of the Nazgûl (3019)
- Wounded Merry comes to Minas Tirith (3019)
- Aragorn comes to the City (3019)
Archive for the ‘Calendar’ Category
It’s that time of year – when hobbit is pitted against elf, man against wizard, curious fox against talking wallet…. Yes, March Madness is just around the corner! It’s almost time once more to vote for your favourites, and see who will be victorious over all.
Wondering what on earth we’re on about? Check out last year’s contest and result, here.
We have a new twist to our brackets this year, with some very interesting match ups as the result. Stay tuned to find out more, coming soon – and be ready to play!Posted in Calendar, Lord of the Rings, Miscellaneous, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
- Frodo captured by the Orcs of Cirith Ungol (3019)
- The Pelennor is overrun (3019)
- Faramir is wounded (3019)
- Aragorn reaches Pelargir and captures the fleet (3019)
- Théoden in Druadan Forest (3019)
- Frodo is taken ill (3020)
Aragorn faces the enemy as the new day dawn (1419)
The charge of the Riders (1419)
Gandalf returns (1419)
Théoden and Gandalf set out from Helm’s Deep for Isengard (1419)
Frodo reaches the slag-mounds on the edge of the Desolation of the Morannon (1419)
Merry and Pippin try to stay high and dry (1419)
- Death of Boromir; his horn is heard in Minas Tirith. (3019)
- Meriadoc and Peregrin captured. (3019)
- Frodo and Samwise enter the eastern Emyn Muil. (3019)
- Aragorn sets out in pursuit of the Orcs at evening. (3019)
- Éomer hears of the descent of the Orc-band from the Emyn Muil. (3019)
- Frodo’s ordeal on Amon Hen. (3019)
- The Mirror of Galadriel (1419)
- Gandalf returns to life, and lies in a trance (1419)
The Bodleian Library in Oxford has an exceptional exhibition coming up later this year, which fans will no doubt travel far and wide to see. Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth (June 1 – October 28) will display an extraordinary collection of illustrations, manuscripts, letters, personal belongings and more, giving a unique insight into J.R.R. Tolkien and his works. This ‘once in a lifetime’ exhibition is not to be missed – and thanks to our friends at the Bodleian, TheOneRing.net can reveal exclusively that tickets will be available from 2pm UK time tomorrow, Tuesday 13th February. Here’s what the Bodleian tell us:
The Bodleian Library is pleased to announce that free tickets for the upcoming, once in a lifetime exhibition, Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth, will be available for booking from 2pm UK time on Tuesday 13 February 2018. We know that some visitors will want to travel some distance to this exhibition and want to help them ensure their entry in advance.
Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth explores Tolkien’s amazing legacy from his genius as an artist, poet, linguist, and author to his academic career and private life. The exhibition takes you on a journey through Tolkien’s famous works, The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings, displaying an array of draft manuscripts, striking illustrations and maps drawn for his publications.
Visitors will discover Tolkien’s early abstract paintings from The Book of Ishness, the touching tales he wrote for his children, rare objects that belonged to Tolkien, exclusive fan mail, and private letters.
The exhibition runs 1 June to 28 October 2018 at the Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford.
If you’ve been thinking about making a pilgrimage to Oxford, this summer/autumn is the time to go; and be sure to grab those tickets tomorrow! Check out the exhibition website, here.
Thanks to the Bodleian Library for allowing us to make this announcement.Posted in Calendar, Events, Exhibits, Headlines, Hobbit Book, J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, LotR Books, Other Tolkien books, The Hobbit, Tolkien
Today in Middle-earth, January 15
The Bridge of Khazad-dûm, and the fall of Gandalf (1419)
The Company reaches Nimrodel late at night (1419)
- The Fellowship of the Ring leaves Rivendell at dusk (1418 )
- Battle of the Five Armies – 2941 (1341)
- Battle of Bywater, and Passing of Saruman. End of the War of the Ring (1419) (more…)
- The Dwarves venture into the Mountain (1341)
- The Elvenking’s host leave Mirkwood for Erebor (1341)
- The Council of Elrond (1418)