Our friends The Heirs of Durin have full scans of the September issue of Empire Magazine and their “access-all-areas” tour of the final Middle-earth movie’s post-production facility.
I’ve picked the eyes out of it and listed some highlights below (contains some minor movie spoilers), or you can follow the link below and read the article in full yourself. Thanks to Ringer Eol for the link.
- The digital remaster of Braindead will be released post-The Hobbit (one for TBHL fans.
- There is already a working cut of the film, with only a couple more shots to “chisel into shape”.
- Without credits, the cut currently runs to 150 minutes and Jackson says he’s aiming at 140 minutes.
- Jackson: “I think of this third movie as a psychological thriller with actions scenes interspersed in the middle of it. It has for a very tight narrative structure.”
- Thranduil’s Warmoose will return! (Yay!!).
- Line from Thranduil to Thorin: We’ve come to tell you payment of your debt has been offered… and accepted.
- The orcs have all manner of creatures. Not just trolls, but creatures they have bred for their armies.
- Negotiations between Thorin and Thranduil conclude abruptly when Dain Ironfoot’s “cavalry” arrives.
- The dwarves are mounted on battle goats and battle rams. Dain rides a warpig.