We want to simplify the head-scratching surrounding the multitude of versions of the Extended Edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey available to fans.
So, based on feedback from you, the fans, the additional information that Warner Bros. has provided us, and the research of TORn staffer Justin, we’ve created this handy infographic that shows what you get with each version. We hope that this will help you get the version you want from your outlet of choice!
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Extended Edition. TORn’s definitive guide to what’s on each version, and where you can get them.
The break-down on the retailer-exclusive editions
* 2-disc DVD including Extended Edition Feature Film and Special Features “The Company of Thorin,” and “Durin’s Folk: Creating the Dwarves”
* 4-disc Blu-ray 3D Steelbook:
– Disc 1: Blu-ray 3D Extended Edition Feature Part 1
– Disc 2: Blu-ray 3D Extended Edition Feature Part 2
– Disc 3: The Appendices Part 7
– Disc 4: The Appendices Part 8
Worldwide release dates
Finally, the coming release dates that we know of for various regions:
UK Nov 11
France Nov 12
Spain Nov 12
Belgium Nov 13
Netherlands Nov 13
Germany Nov 15
Austria Nov 15
Switzerland Nov 15
Australia Nov 20
New Zealand Nov 20
Italy Nov 20
Japan Nov 16
Mexico Dec 6
We will continue to update this as more info becomes available. And please let us know if we’ve made a mistake anywhere — in a large part, this infographic exists because of your feedback, comments and e-mails and we want to ensure that we get it right for everyone.