Hollywood is in full Oscar mode right now, with street closures around the Hollywood & Highland complex, just two blocks from our party location, and every news channel talking non-stop about Oscar predictions. There are fans wandering around everywhere, taking photos of the life sized Golden Oscar statues lining the Red Carpet that is being put down. And TheOneRing.net is in the middle of all this, with our own set of decorations that will soon fill the inside and front facade of the American Legion Post #43, right here in Hollywood.
You will find here links to all the events, helpful hints on what to print and what to bring with you, and a timeline. Further attendee information will be given out with your registration materials when you arrive on Sunday afternoon.
The festivities begin today with An Unexpected Art Show at Lot 613 in Downtown LA, just 10 miles south of Hollywood. Doors open at 7pm and the event will run until 1am. You can find more info Right Here including a discount coupon for entry tonight, just print it and bring it with you. And here is a sample of the artwork you will find at the Art Show.
On Saturday, the LA area Smial of the Tolkien Society, Tolkien Forever, will be hosting a Pub Moot for fans to gather. The Moot will be at The Cat n’ Fiddle Pub in Hollywood (6530 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028) from 1:30pm until 5pm. Check out their Facebook event page for details.
Hobbit Oscar weekend culminates with The One Expected Party on Sunday afternoon, right here in Hollywood, just a couple blocks from the Academy Awards telecast. Here is a check list of things you will want to bring, check on, and ask us about while there is still time to do so.
- Print your tickets and bring them with you. If you do not have them, please email us ASAP at Oscarparty@theonering.net with your name and email. Doors will open at 3pm till 1am.
- Parking, we have sent out emails to everyone regarding parking, but if you did not get that message, or if you have a special need, please contact us at Oscarparty@theonering.net
*Lot opens at 2pm
*Shuttle will run until 2am and the lots will close after that
*You will need your printed Party Ticket to get into the lot
- There is a Dress Code for our party. It’s the basic Black Tie and Pointy Ear optional code we had for the three previous Oscar Parties. You can see the Costume FAQ for more details
- The Rivendell room at the party will be hosting a silent Auction and special Prize Drawings. The items you will be bidding on or entering for the drawing will be on display in the Rivendell room throughout the night. You may use a Credit Card for any large transaction, but if you just wish to purchase a prize drawing ticket, you will want to bring Cash with you. The TORn store will be in this same room, which is where you will find items like TORn shirts, buttons and the like.
- We have not quite sold out yet, so if you still have some friends on the fence, knock them off and bring them along. We will make an announcement if we should sell out before the start of the show on Sunday. Tickets may still be purchased online until Sunday morning, and after that, they can be purchased at the door, if it is not sold out by then. Purchase Tickets Now
And here is a little sneak peak at one of our Auction Items.