Just when you thought the excitement level for all things Hobbity has reached a peak, we at TheOneRing.net are privileged to announced an giveaway to celebrate the release of ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey!’ Two lucky Ringers will walk away with a Troll’s horde of treasure from the film, ranging from a Fur Hat to a comfy travel throw! The prize list, like Bilbo’s contract with Thorin and Co., is long and diverse – check it out below. While the list of prizes is extensive, we’ve made it super easy to enter. Just fill out the form below and you are automatically entered for a chance to win. Winners are announced December 18th 2012 right here on TheOneRing.net. Good luck!
And of course, don’t forget to visit the official website, The Hobbit facebook page, and Twitter: follow @wbpictures!
(1) Fur Hat
(1) Burlap Bag with Map and Backgammon Game in Tube
(1) Travel Throw
(1) Set of 4 Full-Color “Doors” Coasters in Pewter Trinket Box
(1) 4-Pack IMAX® tickets
(1) Next Level Men’s ‘Silhouette’ Heather Grey T-shirt
(1) Acorn Lapel Pin
(1) Screen Wipe on Card
(1) Soundtrack CD
(1) Set of 18 Character Buttons Wrapped in Burlap
(1) Next Level Men’s ‘Silhouette’ Heather Grey T-shirt
(1) Acorn Lapel Pin
(1) Screen Wipe on Card
(1) Soundtrack CD
(for a gallery of the prizes, please see below)
It’s easy to enter, just fill out the form and click submit! Winners will be notified on December 18th
IMAX® and IMAX® 3D are registered trademarks of IMAX Corporation
Gallery of Prizes:
‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ Synopsis
From Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” the first of a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
The three films tell a continuous story set in Middle-earth 60 years before “The Lord of the Rings,” which Jackson and his filmmaking team brought to the big screen in the blockbuster trilogy that culminated with the Oscar®-winning “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.”
The adventure follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Sorcerers.
Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever…Gollum.
Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of ingenuity and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum’s “precious” ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities… A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.
Ian McKellen returns as Gandalf the Grey, the character he played in “The Lord of the Rings” Trilogy, with Martin Freeman in the central role of Bilbo Baggins, and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. Also reprising their roles from “The Lord of the Rings” in “The Hobbit” Trilogy are: Cate Blanchett as Galadriel; Ian Holm as the elder Bilbo; Christopher Lee as Saruman; Hugo Weaving as Elrond; Elijah Wood as Frodo; and Andy Serkis as Gollum. The international ensemble cast of the trilogy also includes (in alphabetical order) Manu Bennett, Jed Brophy, Adam Brown, John Callen, Mark Hadlow, Peter Hambleton, Barry Humphries, Stephen Hunter, William Kircher, Sylvester McCoy, Bret McKenzie, Graham McTavish, James Nesbitt, Dean O’Gorman, Conan Stevens, Ken Stott and Aidan Turner.
The screenplay for “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” is by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro. Jackson is also producing the film, together with Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner and Fran Walsh. The executive producers are Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins and Carolyn Blackwood, with Boyens and Eileen Moran serving as co-producers.
Under Jackson’s direction, “The Hobbit” Trilogy has been shot in 3D 48 frames-per-second and will be released in High Frame Rate (HFR) 3D, other 3D formats, IMAX and 2D. Under Jackson’s direction, “The Hobbit” Trilogy has been shot consecutively in digital 3D using the latest camera and stereo technology. Production has taken place at Jackson’s own facilities in Miramar, Wellington, and on location around New Zealand.
Among the creative behind-the-scenes team returning to Jackson’s crew are director of photography Andrew Lesnie, production designer Dan Hennah, conceptual designers Alan Lee and John Howe, composer Howard Shore and make-up and hair designer Peter King. The film is edited by Jabez Olssen. The costumes are designed by Ann Maskrey, Richard Taylor and Bob Buck.
Taylor is also overseeing the design and production of weaponry, armour and prosthetics which are once again being made by the award-winning Weta Workshop. Weta Digital take on the visual effects for the films, led by the film’s visual effects supervisor, Joe Letteri. Post production will take place at Park Road Post Production in Wellington.
“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” and the second and third films of the trilogy are productions of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), with New Line managing production. Warner Bros. Pictures is handling worldwide theatrical distribution, with select international territories as well as all international television distribution being handled by MGM.
“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” will be released on December 14, 2012, with the second film, “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” releasing December 13, 2013, and the third film, “The Hobbit: There and Back Again” slated for July 18, 2014.
Terms and Conditions of Contest Entry
- Who can enter?: This Giveaway is open to all visitors of TheOneRing.net, between the dates of November 30th 2012 and December 17th 2012
- Method of Entry: To enter the giveaway, go to http://wp.me/p1tLoH-h8q to enter on-line. Limit one entry per user, household, postal address. Winning entrants must respond within 2 days to our email notification or the prize will be offered to another visitor.
- Winners: Winners will be chosen and posted on December 18th 2012.
- Prize(s): See listing of prizes above.
- You must be eighteen years or older to enter. Entries received become the sole property of TheOneRing.net (“Sponsor”). Acknowledgment of your entry is not guaranteed. TheOneRing.net is not responsible for technical issues which may prevent an entrant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Giveaway or for typographical or other errors in the handling of the Giveaway materials, administration of the Giveaway or the announcement of the prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Giveaway if there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud which may destroy the integrity of the Giveaway as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion or for any other reason. Any fraudulent entry or entry that contains misinformation is null and void. All decisions of the Sponsor related to the Giveaway are final.
- By entering, entrants consent to the use of his or her name, city name, image and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation or permission, unless prohibited by law. No substitutions, transfers or cash redemptions of prizes can be made except by the Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value, if prize is unavailable. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release within 5 days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and alternate winner may be selected. Taxes, travel, food, lodging and all other expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Odds of being a winner depend on total number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- All contestants release and forever discharge TheOneRing.net and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, owners, partners, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “Affiliates”) from and against any and all liability and/or claims with the respect to or in any way arising from this Giveaway, participation in the Giveaway and acceptance or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, any liability for personal injury or property damage or loss. Contestants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Affiliates harmless from any or against any and all liability and/or claims with respect to or arising from contestant’s acts or omissions in connection with participation in the Giveaway and use of any prizes.
- Employees of TheOneRing.net and other agents and family members living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- For names of winners, available at the conclusion of the Giveaway, please visit http://wp.me/p1tLoH-h8q
- Delivery for the contest winner: The winner must allow 4-6 weeks after announcement of win to receive the product. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. See below for more International Shipping Terms.
- Delivery time & Restrictions: All continental US orders are shipped via either UPS or FedEx ground service. Because FedEx cannot provide tracking numbers for P.O. Boxes we cannot ship to a P.O. Box. Please provide your street address or your shipment will be delayed.
- Other Details: All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All international winners will be responsible for any duties, tariffs, taxes or import fees assessed to their prize. Further, some countries outside of the U.S. do not have reliable mail services. In the event that a prize has been stolen or mishandled during shipment to an international destination, TheOneRing.net may not be able to replace the specific item and will substitute a prize at its own discretion. If the winner prefers a specific quicker shipping method, they are responsible to notify TheOneRing.net at the time of claiming their prize, and will also be responsible to cover the additional costs if any.
- BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. AND EACH OF ITS RESPECTIVE PARENTS, DIVISIONS, AFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND ADVERTISING AGENCIES (COLLECTIVELY, “WBEI”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE REMOVAL FROM THE SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE WBEI BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE, THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.