TheOneRing.net: Security cam footage proves that Gandalf is officially a disturber of the peace! #Happy4thofJuly https://t.co/xf2UgGtJOc

TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

TheOneRing.net: You could have chosen a different screenshot in a story about COVID https://t.co/OoSrtdXunl

Empire reveals new, 5-cover Hobbit edition; running time confirmed

October 24, 2012 at 7:26 am by Altaira  -

Empire magazine has revealed their special Hobbit edition which features five different covers in glorious lenticular 3-D. Readers have a choice between the Bilbo cover, pictured, Gandalf, Gollum, Galadriel or Thorin (or all five – why not). In this edition, Peter Jackson confirms that the final running time (without credits), is 2 hours 40 minutess:

“It’s looking like it’s going to be about ten minutes shorter than Fellowship was,” explains Jackson. “So it’s going to be officially our shortest Middle-earth yet. I mean, Fellowship was just under three hours and this is about 2 hours 40 minutes at the moment.” The “at the moment” refers to the fact that the credits hadn’t yet been added and not all effects shots finalised when we spoke to Jackson, but it’s going to be close.

Look for the new Empire Hobbit edition to hit stores and newsstands today, October 24. Read More…

Posted in Director news, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, Other Merchandise, Peter Jackson, The Hobbit on October 24, 2012 by
Source: Empire reveals new, 5-cover Hobbit edition; running time confirmed | Discuss

Daggers of Tauriel

17 responses to “Empire reveals new, 5-cover Hobbit edition; running time confirmed”

1. Caitlin♥ says:

So hoping for an extended edition!!!

2. Bregalad says:

Of course there will be an Extended Edition, its extra money.

3. JOSHUA says:

Oooh!!! Gonna be so awesome. So excited. Counting down the days. I’ve already bought tickets for the 1st local showing on the 13th December!!

4. JOSHUA says:

5. JOSHUA says:

6. Fred says:

Bregalad >>> of course the will be an Extended Edition, it’s extra fun for the fans !

7. Bobby says:

Just finished The Hobbit collectors edition magazine. The editors did a great job. It is so cool to see these stories I remember from childhood made into movies. Love the assortment of creatures featured in the magazine that are to be in the movie, especially the dragons. This movie looks to be pretty spectacular.I really like Christopher Lee as Saruman, he is a great actor. Looks like alot of hard work went into this magazine as well as the movie. Thanks.
    A Fan
    Bobby Stopera

8. Bobby says:

A Fan
    Bobby Stopera

9. I have only seen the theatrical cut of Fellowship twice, 2 hours 40 mins – seems short but lets get real, it isn’t. I love me some middle earth. A few effects shots may add a few more minutes but then again they are replacing digital storyboard shots so I don’t think they will.

10. I have only seen the theatrical cut of Fellowship twice, 2 hours 40 mins – seems short but lets get real, it isn’t. I love me some middle earth. A few effects shots may add a few more minutes but then again they are replacing digital storyboard shots so I don’t think they will.

11. I have only seen the theatrical cut of Fellowship twice, 2 hours 40 mins – seems short but lets get real, it isn’t. I love me some middle earth. A few effects shots may add a few more minutes but then again they are replacing digital storyboard shots so I don’t think they will.

12. only 2 hours 40m with all that to fit in and then a whole 2 movies for not much else? can’t see this working I’m afraid unless they make the other two 2 hours each. The first one should be 3 hours then the last two shorter. If they couldn’t work out a way to do that then they are already stuffed imo. I think this will be the case as just like the LOTR the first one is an adventure and keeps the viewer going and interested and visiting new things. The last two films they are going to be stuck in the same two places- Lake Town and the Lonely mountain with the added area of Mirkwood, Dol what ever you call it (sorry couldn’t think right now) and place of the battle unless Peter makes up some other stuff.
    I’m not so concerned about the second movie, the third one really worried me though.

13. only 2 hours 40m with all that to fit in and then a whole 2 movies for not much else? can’t see this working I’m afraid unless they make the other two 2 hours each. The first one should be 3 hours then the last two shorter. If they couldn’t work out a way to do that then they are already stuffed imo. I think this will be the case as just like the LOTR the first one is an adventure and keeps the viewer going and interested and visiting new things. The last two films they are going to be stuck in the same two places- Lake Town and the Lonely mountain with the added area of Mirkwood, Dol what ever you call it (sorry couldn’t think right now) and place of the battle unless Peter makes up some other stuff.

14. only 2 hours 40m with all that to fit in and then a whole 2 movies for not much else? can’t see this working I’m afraid unless they make the other two 2 hours each. The first one should be 3 hours then the last two shorter. If they couldn’t work out a way to do that then they are already stuffed imo. I think this will be the case as just like the LOTR the first one is an adventure and keeps the viewer going and interested and visiting new things. The last two films they are going to be stuck in the same two places- Lake Town and the Lonely mountain with the added area of Mirkwood, Dol what ever you call it (sorry couldn’t think right now) and place of the battle unless Peter makes up some other stuff.

15. Mark Yates says:

don’t agree at all – this one supposedly ends around the eagle rescue… that’s about pg 75 of the 220 page book. So the 2nd film has to fit in all of the following – Buorn (the bear), the forest, the spiders (Jackson loves spiders), the elves, the escape from the elves on the barrels, lake town, the journey and finding of the secret passage, the riddles with smaug, the lake town attack, the death of smaug. Film 3 – Everything to do with Gandalf. The standoff after the death of Smaug, the battle of 5 armies – whatever PJackson wants to include up to LOTR. How is that 2 short films in a PJackson universe?

16. Hobbit says:

course this movie is gona be SPECTACULAR! 🙂 No Its gona be… SUPERx26 SPECTACULAR!

17. Andrea says:

Ok i need to know where to get these in real paper I’ve been trying at all of my locale B&N but no luck and when I broke down and went to the empire website to risk having them mailed to me it says that it’s the December issue. What’s going on?

“Empire’s 3D Collectors Issue- December 2012 Issue” direct copy and paste quote from the website.