TheOneRing.net: I'm now streaming on Twitch! Playing Talk Shows https://t.co/LWNHMc0YuD

TheOneRing.net: Open Discussion - let's talk expectation for Amazon's Second Age show #TORNTuesday is LIVE https://t.co/rF4SRAsjgt

TheOneRing.net: On its 9th week of release (!!!) it was a Thursday and they had just added a teaser for The Two Towers to the end c… https://t.co/Amco5aVY0H

Middle-earth Madness 2012 – Round 1

March 15, 2012 at 2:15 pm by newsfrombree  -

Middle-earth Madness officially starts today! We’ve split our field of 32 characters into four divisions: The Rankin/Bass Division, The Ralph Bakshi Division, The Tolkien Family Division, and The Peter Jackson Division.

Voting in Round 1 will remain open until March 21st at Noon ET. At that point, we’ll calculate the winners and post the next round on March 22nd. Follow after the break for a complete bracket image (download it), and to vote on all of our Round 1 match-ups!

Rankin/Bass Division – Round 1
March 15th – March 21st 2012

Ralph Bakshi Division – Round 1
March 15th – March 21st 2012

Tolkien Family Division – Round 1
March 15th – March 21st 2012

Peter Jackson Division – Round 1
March 15th – March 21st 2012

Posted in Events, Fans, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Books, LotR Movies, Other Events, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community, Tolkien on March 15, 2012 by
Check out the Bilbo Contract from WETA Workshop

110 responses to “Middle-earth Madness 2012 – Round 1”

1. Anonna says:

Morgoth was the greater foe… it took the Valar to bring him down; but, the folks of the first age went to great heroics to attempt the defeat.  All it took to bring down Sauron was a hobbit throwing a ring in a volcano.  Frodo never stood before Sauron.  Beren not only stood before him, but stole the Silmaril from his crown.  (And lest we should forget, Frodo balked at the end and it was Gollum who won the day.)  Beren wins hands down.

2. Zhie says:

As a card carrying member of FFTW (Feanor For the Win), I’m just going to say, instead of complaining about how the vote is going, go out and do something about it.  I saw the results, I took action and called in the First Age Feanorian Fan Girls.  Go Feanor! o/ (might not have managed to save Fingolfin and his son, but at least Fingon didn’t lose by a single digit percent…)

3. Berenluth says:

LOL ^

Maybe throw some potatoes at him?

4. Elfgirl101 says:

Agreed

5. Iramble says:

agreed, lol. I mean Hurin fought BALROGS!!!!

6. Iramble says:

I think Luthien would definately win over Thorin, no matter how oaky his sheild was.

7. Firinzir says:

That’s being a little childish, don’t you think? Grampy and Profundus have presented good, solid reasons why Elrond should win, and your argument is that a bunch of Legomancers voted over and over? Oh, well, Legolas did win. Kudos to you.

8. Varda luvs Manwe says:

Legolas vs. Elrond??? People are voting for Orlando Bloom, not for Legolas. Seriously people, READ THE GOD-DAMN BOOKS! I like Legolas’s character, but I wouldn’t prefer him over Elrond. It’s not fair to compare Elrond with Legolas. The same goes for Treebeard and Gollum. Treebeard would beat the sh*t out of Gollum.

9. Emabel says:

I read the Silmarillion, thoe it was a while ago. So great! But, we all must agree that Gandalf is TOTALLY the best charecter. No offense to anyone who thinks otherwise. (And OMG I love Star Wars to!)

10. Emily says:

I like Legolas more than Elrond because I didn’t like how Elrond was not letting Eowyn make her own choices. I know he just wanted what was best for her but still. (Plus Legolas is totally hot! :))