TheOneRing.net: Security cam footage proves that Gandalf is officially a disturber of the peace! #Happy4thofJuly https://t.co/xf2UgGtJOc

TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

TheOneRing.net: You could have chosen a different screenshot in a story about COVID https://t.co/OoSrtdXunl

Can’t Wait For “The Hobbit” Soundtrack?

January 9, 2012 at 10:27 am by Earl  -

The Hobbit trailer hit last month (as most of you know!), and besides the stunning visuals and memorable character introductions, the two and a half minute video also featured some glorious bits of music – some familiar, some new.

If, like us, you too can’t wait until the official soundtrack for The Hobbit releases, here’s something to tide you over.

Dan from Germany alerted us to a YouTube video that he created. He writes:

It’s a little orchestral suite using the new musical themes from Howard Shore that were introduced in the trailer for the hobbit.

Posted in Creations, Fans, Hobbit Movie, Howard Shore, The Hobbit on January 9, 2012 by Source: YouTube Can’t Wait For “The Hobbit” Soundtrack? | Discuss
Order the Gollum Enraged - Click Here

24 responses to “Can’t Wait For “The Hobbit” Soundtrack?”

1. Dwimorwyn says:

This has made my morning. Absolutely.

2. Linda says:

I’m listening to this over and over with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.  Oh, my, what memories it brings back along with epic anticipation.  Beautiful!!  Thank you for this!

3. willowing says:

The musical themes are just stunning, even though some of it is familiar but it really sets the mood for the visual images and I think it works brilliantly.

4. Ben Sumner says:

downloaded it… on my ipod, on repeat!!!

5. Pwdgerard says:

how do i download this????!!!!

6. Pwdgerard says:

how do i download this????!!!!

7. Pwdgerard says:

how do i download this????!!!!

8. Enna says:

I love this!!!

9. Mjemoneyman says:

So Glad Howard Shore was available for the soundtrack for The Hobbit…it will be amazing.

10. Junalapag says:

i am so ready and can’t wait for THE  HOBBIT to arrive in theaters. i love the LOTR and i am sure I will like this one after i read the book.

11. iodrigar says:

thumbs up! Many thanks for this great moment!

12. Taisia says:

Howard Shore is a genious!!!! I can’t stop listening to it! <3

13. patti says:

I am so ready for another movie I can and want to watch over and over and over. I plan to reread The Hobbit before going to see the movie too.

14. werlej says:

you could go on youtube and use a program like keepvid…

15. ELB says:

I really hope that the new music will have something new for us, and I mean more than just a new theme melody. I want the style to change a bit. Maybe a bit more dwarvish (like the trailer song which would hit the nail on the head) but just as beautiful and epic.

More variety than LOTR would be good.

16. Sarah says:

I cant wait for this movie or the soundtrack! my fiance love LOTR and the hobbit so he will be so happy when i get him the music for it 🙂

17. Keith says:

Howard Shore is a genius, and may be the greatest composer of all time. The music is a large part of the emotional experience of LOTR. I would easily put him against Mozart, Beethoven, and Holst. Seriously, look at the arrangement, breadth, and emotional impact of these compositions.

Additionally, he has captured dwarven/elven music from an author description of culture and lyrics on the page. Representation of a foreign culture is infinitely more challenging than, say, Holst’s emotional representation.

I have purchased all of the LOTR albums, and cannot wait for the next one. Howard Shore does not disappoint.

18. Shagufta Bhuta says:

its sounds beautyful for the the theme for the film it gives the saddness to my eyes dose anyone know about the second trailer theme track kinda reminds me of the up beat of the misty mountains

19. Shagufta Bhuta says:

does anyone know when the offical soundtrack to the hobbit movie on cd is release please guys let me know

20. Anna Ward says:

The sountrack comes out on Dec 11, 2012

21. Does anyone know when the soundtrack comes out?
    I’m in desperate need for this asap!