TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

TheOneRing.net: You could have chosen a different screenshot in a story about COVID https://t.co/OoSrtdXunl

TheOneRing.net: Now is the time to start reading Lord of the Rings. Grab a book, sit outside amongst nature and escape to Middle-ea… https://t.co/ucfhCVfy62

Wired: Visualize The Hobbit, Win Giant Lord of the Rings Blu-ray Box

June 28, 2011 at 11:13 am by xoanon  -

Want to win a massive, 15-disc Lord of the Rings box set to rule them all?

Punch in your expectations for Peter Jackson’s cinematic adaptation of The Hobbit in the comments section below for your chance at winning one of three Blu-ray copies of The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition + Digital Copy).

Scores of makeshift Orcs and Halflings are expected to line up Monday night in Los Angeles for the Middle-Earth Midnight Madness event marking the $120 box set’s Tuesday release. On hand to sign copies for the first 150 fans in line: Actor John Noble, who creeped out viewers as The Return of the King’s Denethor (and currently stars as Walter Bishop in sci-fi show Fringe). Stuntman Sala Baker, who inhabited various Orcs and even the Dark Lord Sauron in the Rings movie trilogy, will be doing the same. More..

Posted in Blu-Ray, Contests, DVDs, Events, LotR Movies, Merchandise, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Movie The Two Towers on June 28, 2011 by

Daggers of Tauriel

17 responses to “Wired: Visualize The Hobbit, Win Giant Lord of the Rings Blu-ray Box”

1. B says:

I’m expecting it to be grand fun! An expected party!

2. Grillslinger says:

I think it will be as amazing as the LOTR trilogy. Peter Jackson has a such a great eye for this world. Freeman is a perfect casting choice, and Cumberbatch will be great as Smaug. I imagine they will base Smaugs face on his. He has these great, predatory eyes. Everything else we had hoped for, returning director, cast, and crew, seemed to fall right into place after all the trouble. I can’t wait to see these movies. Top of my list right now.

3. Vanessa says:

So stoked for this! 😀

4. Eliza says:

I hope that the music is just as good as the other movies.  Also the origional story line is pretty good, please don’t change a lot of it.  A little clean humor would be enjoyable!  In addition to all of that, my vote refering to new characters is go for it!  As long as they don’t mess up the story, why not? =)

5. Marvin Perez says:

I hope that Weta make the best special effects ever , making Avatar look pale and old in comparison to The Hobbit.
    The precious will be ours!!!!!

6. Marvin Perez says:

The precious will be ours!!!!!

7. Marvin Perez says:

I Hope that Weta make the best special effects ever , making Avatar look pale and old in comparison to The Hobbit
    The precious will be ours!!!

8. Marvin Perez says:

The precious will be ours!!!

9. Jamesmspaulding says:

I think pj will raise the bar again. This two will have a different feel to them yet fit the series stylistically. I cant wait to see the rest of gandalfs story untold in the hobbit. 3d will raise the bar in the headache free 48fps and leave us in wonder. I cant wait for the bluray release to put new documentaries out and wow us again with comprehensive coverage of making this prequel and hope it leads to the silmarillion.

10. Jamesmspaulding says:

11. Bryan Dunn says:

I hope Jackson can bridge much of the lighter tone of the hobbit with the darker LOTR without being totally one or the other.  And I hope to see alot of the fall of Saruman, felt that could have added to the original trilogy and now we have another chance.

12. Bryan Dunn says:

13. Debif says:

I have high expectations that Peter Jackson will do a phenomenal job on the Hobbit.  He did an awesome job with LOTR and he has years of technical advancements to work with for the Hobbit!!  It will be amazing!!!

14. GilraenTelemnar says:

The long expected party… But also a unexpected one, because Peter Jackson is directing after all!
    I hope this movie will be also suitable for little children to watch. It is, after all a children’s story. I also would like to see some more of Rivendell, and, please, put in some songs!
    I am really looking forward to the release date. but before that, it following all the Riddles in the Dark on TheOneRing.net!

15. Freya Baggins says:

I think that Peter Jackson will do a marvelous job. I expect that he will attempt (and succeed at) surpassing his previous work. All I can really hope for though, is that everyone involved has fun.

Explosions! And Dinosaurs! And Exploding Dinosaurs that turn into Cars! Wait, Michael Bay isn’t directing “The Hobbit”? Oh, well, in that case, I expect a good movie with heart and great character development. A dinosaur wouldn’t hurt, though.

17. Garrett Thompson78 says:

I think the thing that endears me the most to The Hobbit is the contrast between the Shire and the Wild.  The Shire is a green, safe, cozy place.  The Wild is, well, wild, dangerous and dark.  This contrast is very apparent in the LOTR movies, and I hope Jackson & Co. maintain this juxaposition.  It’s what There and Back Again is all about!