TheOneRing.net: Amazon: but we just paid a billion dollars for the rights! https://t.co/HByX7dEtZa

TheOneRing.net: Security cam footage proves that Gandalf is officially a disturber of the peace! #Happy4thofJuly https://t.co/xf2UgGtJOc

TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

PJ Confirms Ian Holm in The Hobbit

April 22, 2011 at 12:19 pm by newsfrombree  -

In a Facebook comment just posted moments ago, Director Peter Jackson confirms Ian Holm’s involvement in The Hobbit films and clarifies the voice at the end of last week’s video:

One comment that came up from the recent video blog was the Bilbo voice at the end—many of you assumed it was Sir Ian Holm. Whilst Ian will be returning as the older Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, that recording was actually Martin Freeman’s voice, taken from a script read through we recorded when the cast first arrived. I have to admit, I wasn’t sure who it was when I first heard it, either. Cheers, Peter J

[Check it out]

Posted in Casting Rumors, Director news, Hobbit Movie, Ian Holm, Peter Jackson, The Hobbit on April 22, 2011 by Source: Peter Jackson PJ Confirms Ian Holm in The Hobbit | Discuss
Thranduil Statue

17 responses to “PJ Confirms Ian Holm in The Hobbit”

1. Itsalive says:

very good news. Is Hugo Weaving returning as Elrond? Not listed in the cast.

2. ety3rd says:

That was Martin Freeman? Fantastic.

Also, I second the other comment. Where’s Hugo Weaving’s name? Why is he the only in-book character not yet mentioned?

3. Rjvavili says:

now comes viggo mortensen for film 2, mark my words

4. Fredrik Pousette Falk says:

Yeeeey! Wonderful =)

5. Nuprin says:

So, where the heck is Hugo as Elrond. No one’s mentioned him the whole time this moving was getting started?

6. GillGalad says:

We could almost say the fellowship is complete. Now where is Hugo Weaving?

7. Josephus says:

As whom? Aragorn is a child at the time of the events of the Hobbit. And Jackson wouldn’t cast him as another character just for the sake of including him. I don’t see it happening. There is, however, a scene from “Unfinished Tales” in which Gandalf tells Frodo, Gimli, Merry, and Pippin of his encounter with Thorin and his first thought of undertaking the quest to rid the world of Smaug. This would be the perfect scenario for Elijah Wood’s appearance in the film. Unfortunately, John Rhys-Davies has already said he would not reprise the role of Gimli, and there’s been no word of Billy Boyd or Dominic Monaghan being cast in these films…

8. hobby says:

What can I say and why did it take so long to confirm in the first place. nevertheless it’s great news.

To keep nail biting at bay I must go and have a cup of tea put my feet up and ponder over the good news.

9. guest says:

I would really like to see the character included in some way, not with Viggo playing, but as a child. Estel lived in Elrond’s house during the Hobbit. Maybe Sadwyn Brophy, who played Eldarion, could play that role? He’d be about the right age for it now too, slightly older than necessary, but it could work.

10. Skykat4 says:

Sure wish they’d sign Hugo Weaving ! And since they are bringing in characters who aren’t even in the Hobbit, I’m really going to miss Liv Tyler as Arwen.