Weekly Newsletter

Select a list:

Peter Jackson Posts First Video From “The Hobbit” Set

April 14, 2011 at 3:01 am by Earl  -

As promised not but two days ago, Peter Jackson’s very first video from the sets of The Hobbit is now up on his Facebook page.

Needless to say, our message boards have exploded with excitement, awe, wonderment, and questions that need answering. Believe us when we say this, you don’t want to miss out on the discussion of this much-anticipated video. Join in!

Posted in Director news, Hobbit Movie, Peter Jackson, Production, The Hobbit on April 14, 2011 by Source: Peter Jackson (Facebook) Peter Jackson Posts First Video From “The Hobbit” Set | Discuss
The Floor Plan from WETA Workshop

47 responses to “Peter Jackson Posts First Video From “The Hobbit” Set”

1. Angiatiara says:

So amazing to be able to see these videos. I am so moved by the sets and the speeches alike. I wish I could be there to be a part of this continued wonderful world. These videos will help me get thru the next couple of years till I can see the amazing movies. Thanks you Peter, cast and crew for all your amazing work. Have fun – be safe!

2. galadriel says:

That was amazing!! Thank you, Peter! Made us cry … beautiful!

3. galadriel says:

That was amazing!! Thank you, Peter! Made us cry … beautiful!

4. Elphaba says:

Finally, some proper news directly from PJ! This is going to be amazing, I can’t wait to be transported back to Middle-earth!

5. Elphaba says:

6. Susie Jendro says:

be still my heart! i become more and more excited every day.

7. Susie Jendro says:

be still my heart! i become more and more excited every day.

8. Susie Jendro says:

be still my heart! i become more and more excited every day.

9. Joe says:

This video post has just made my entire year!!

10. Joe says:

This video post has just made my entire year!!

11. Beowol1_uk says:

Wonderful!!

12. Beowol1_uk says:

Wonderful!!

13. Beowol1_uk says:

Wonderful!!

14. Nienna says:

My doctor called yesterday and told me what I expected. My C is back. Time for a lot of hard treatments again, and a stem cell transplant. Now I know in my heart that I will survive once more – because I have to live and watch this movie. Thank you PJ, and the hole crew for giving me something to really really look forward too!

15. Swarz17 says:

ZOMG!

16. Swarz17 says:

ZOMG!

17. Swarz17 says:

ZOMG!

18. Seanpdmckenzie says:

tear :’-)…..how amazing

19. Seanpdmckenzie says:

tear :’-)…..how amazing

20. Bluefirestudios says:

I sincerely appreciate the amount of effort they’re putting into to recreate Middle Earth once again. However, I can’t help but feel that the digital, 48fps, 3D mode of image acquisition is not going to capture the magic that was felt so strongly in the trilogy.

I want my Hobbit on 35mm. I was going to be able to live with watching it on a 2D, 35mm projector, despite the digital capture… But then they decided to shoot it at 48fps……………

Poop.

This is fantastic!! Wow!

This is fantastic!! Wow!

23. Lensgypsy says:

It’s nice that they preview this. Love it. Can’t wait for the movie! (And I am glad Jackson is directing it. Should melds with the prequels. 🙂

24. Grace T. says:

Can’t wait for this! I think Martin Freeman was an excellent choice for Bilbo.

25. Can I just say that THAT was the best blog post ever… the last line put me in tears.

26. Can I just say that THAT was the best blog post ever… the last line put me in tears.

27. Sauronette says:

My eyes filled with tears. I’m so happy this is happening it’s indescribable…. It feels like it’s been 2 years not 10…. PJ made LOTR my everyday and going back with The Hobbit is the best gift anyone can wish for…. Thanks to everyone who made this happen especially PJ. Now all I have to do after seeing the movies is visit NZ and I can wait for the end of my days in peace. 🙂

28. Rochendil says:

Thanks for sharing. I sincerely hope you make it “there and back again”

29. Rosie says:

Gosh. This is so wonderful. I’m bursting with anticipation for the day The Hobbit opens worldwide.

30. I thought I was the only one in tears after watching this, especially the last few seconds, with that “In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit…” But after reading some comments I realized I am not alone!!!

31. I thought I was the only one in tears after watching this, especially the last few seconds, with that “In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit…” But after reading some comments I realized I am not alone!!!

32. Blueshoeswhite says:

Beyond excited for this movie and the production. Can’t wait for the appendiced on an extended edition of the Hobbit in the future

33. I cried like a litle payless assian whore T_T

34. I cried like a litle payless assian whore T_T

35. I cried like a litle payless assian whore T_T

36. Finally! This made my whole month :). Thank you so much Peter and whole crew!

37. Finally! This made my whole month :). Thank you so much Peter and whole crew!

38. Finally! This made my whole month :). Thank you so much Peter and whole crew!

39. andres says:

thank you peter this history about the hobbit will be amaizing¡¡¡¡¡

40. andres says:

thank you peter this history about the hobbit will be amaizing¡¡¡¡¡

41. Frodo BangIns says:

This is truly amazing…

May the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you on this journey!

P.S.
    The new, slightly thinner PJ, is just as incredible as the old one! 🙂

42. Frodo BangIns says:

This is truly amazing…

P.S.
    The new, slightly thinner PJ, is just as incredible as the old one! 🙂

43. Rjvavili says:

Will aragorn appear?

44. Rjvavili says:

Will aragorn appear?

45. BBB says:

What a beginning! Neat ceremony. Don’t know who did the welcome speech but WHOA. Nice to look at and what a job he did. Is this the Thorin guy? Can’t wait for this movie. Go Sir Peter!

46. Alakai says:

Yes that is Richard Armitage who will be playing Thorin. He is a truly great actor. I can’t wait to see him in this! I am so excited for this movie!