TheOneRing.net: Amazon: but we just paid a billion dollars for the rights! https://t.co/HByX7dEtZa

TheOneRing.net: Security cam footage proves that Gandalf is officially a disturber of the peace! #Happy4thofJuly https://t.co/xf2UgGtJOc

TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

Brian Blessed in GDT’s Hobbit?

October 31, 2010 at 10:14 am by xoanon  -

WacoKid writes: After last week’s Hobbit casting news I thought you might find this new interview with the mighty Brian Blessed of interest – the first five minutes he’s talking about Z-Cars and Flash Gordon but at the end of the video he mentions he was in discussions with Guillermo del Toro over a role in The Hobbit, with del Toro particularly interested in some Welsh mythology linking Brian and dwarves. Thought I’d highlight this as I’m not sure I’ve previously heard confirmation that Brian was in talks for a role in The Hobbit. More..

Posted in Casting Rumors, Guillermo Del Toro, Hobbit Movie on October 31, 2010 by

The One Ring

14 responses to “Brian Blessed in GDT’s Hobbit?”

DAMN!!! Why isn’t he in Peter’s???? I’ve been saying it for months, that he would be absolutely perfect for a role as a dwarf, especially one of the key dwarves. I really hope he is still on the list, perhaps as Balin, considering Thorin is already cast. He would have been the perfect Thorin, Dwalin, Balin or even Gloin. I would also consider Brian Cox and Brendan Gleeson for Major Dwarf roles. Those three were at the top of my wish list. Please reconsider casting him as Thorin and recast Richard Armitage as a younger dwarf or perhaps even Bard. Richard would be a perfect Bard…..but I’m sure he’d be great as a dwarf too.

2. Guest says:

Why isn’t he in Peter’s??? I hope he is still on the list because he would be perfect! I’ve been saying it for months, that he would play the perfect Thorin, Dwalin, Balin or Gloin…..take your pick! They should also consider Brian Cox and Brendan Gleeson! I sure hope he makes it as Balin at least!!!

I hope he ends up in Peter’s! I’ve been saying it for months, how perfect he would be for a role as a dwarf. Give him the role of Balin!

4. Guest says:

He is so perfect for the role of Thorin Oakenshield! I say they recast and give it to Blessed! Just look at the guy, he’s a dwarf through and through.

5. GhostofMacbeth says:

It would be nice if he was still in the running for another dwarf.

So I think the real question is: Why is he not cast in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit, especially considering he encompasses more Dwarvish characteristics more than anyone currently cast!

I say recast Blessed in the role of Thorin and give Richard Armitage either a different dwarf role or the role of Bard. Its also not too late to give Blessed the role of Balin!!!

Just give him something because he’s perfect for it!!!

7. KMAN says:

I really hope they cast him as Balin

8. Hanchan says:

Hmm…he’s always seemed a big, bear-like fellow to me. Wouldn’t he be perfect for Beorn?

9. Natala says:

Beorn!

Funny… years even before the Hobbit was announced to be made me and my friends sat around talking about who would play who, and this is one we all guessed! Brian Blessed is born to play Beorn, nobody would make a better Beorn, the voice, the presence, it must be.

10. Crustanoid says:

He will be Beorn

11. Jin says:

GET HIM SIGNED UP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

12. Magraith says:

Brian Blessed would make a good Thorin! He is old enough to carry the chararcter well as Thorin is an older Dwarf. The voice presence alone gives him the quality Thorin needs to be King Under The Mountain!
    I can imagine him holding Bilbo aloft for stealing the Arken Stone and cursing him ” A descendant of rats!” with that voice!
    Brian Blessed Please!

Brian Blessed must be in these films. I ‘ve have meet him more then once walking his dogs, lovely bloke , great sense of humor and presence about him. He is still very fit, after all he did climb Everest a few years back using vintage climbing equipment and no oxygen, the man’s a legend.

14. Rjvavili says:

He is too similar to gimli to play thorin.