TheOneRing.net: I'm now streaming on Twitch! Playing Talk Shows https://t.co/LWNHMc0YuD

TheOneRing.net: Let's dive into the Silmarillion since Amazon's cast is reading it. #TORNTuesday LIVE https://t.co/Hda5HoXbA9

TheOneRing.net: Have you ever started watching a movie then just turn it off and read the book its based on instead?

Sylvester McCoy up for Radagast the Brown?

August 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm by Celeborn  -

Big news coming from the Dunoon Observer/Argyllshire Standard today. Sylvester McCoy confirms he is in contention with another actor for one of two Wizard parts in the upcoming ‘Hobbit’ films. We know Ian McKellen will like to return as Gandalf, and we’ve heard some rumblings of Radagast the Brown having a bigger role, so if you put two and two together — is Sylvester McCoy up for Radagast the Brown?

“I am being cast in The Hobbit,” he said. “We’re currently in negotiations – there are two of us under consideration. It’s not the Bilbo role, but could be bigger.”

It sure sounds like great casting to us! What do you think? Share your thoughts in our forum and comments! Thanks to Ringer Eldorion for the heads up! [Read Full Article]

Posted in Casting Rumors, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit on August 28, 2010 by Source: Dunoon Observer/Argyllshire Standard Sylvester McCoy up for Radagast the Brown? | Discuss
Daggers of Tauriel

14 responses to “Sylvester McCoy up for Radagast the Brown?”

1. Bre says:

Well I love him as the 7th Doctor, so YES!!!!!!

2. Redwallcluny says:

I’ve always been a Radagast fan (for some obscure reason I can’t figure out) and personally I’m excited for this new developement!

3. Radagast the White says:

I agree. Radagast has always interested me even though very little is said of him.

4. Too bad he’s not Bilbo, but this could be pretty neat! Radagast is very coo.. the nature-wizard of the Istari lot.. I do hope they make good use of his character.

5. Tweedleditz says:

Oohh, I’m intrigued especially after watching both of them in the RSA King Lear. Here is my favorite scene:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfDtrBPNZag Most of their interplay starts at the 2:45ish mark.

6. Chris says:

not sure if i understand how radaghast’s role would be bigger than bilbo (perhaps i’m misintepreting), but i’m certainly excited about things moving forward!

7. KMAN says:

Well, I personally think that this guy would play a better Bilbo than Radagast, but then again they nailed every single part in The Lord of the Rings, so if that’s what they think is going to work, fine by me.

8. DarthScully says:

you know what, i’m just thrilled to have Sylvester McCoy potentially joining the Hobbit team at all, he’s a great actor that belongs up there with the likes of McKellen, Sirkis, Weaving etc. if he nails the Radagast part, then thats wonderful (never thought Radagast would make it in there so this is a pleasant surprise), but if Radagast goes to the other fellow, please, PLEASE consider McCoy for Bilbo!

9. Em says:

I loved LotR and the Hobbit, don’t get me wrong, but they’ve been done before. This is all very grand and whatnot, but: When is SOMEONE going to make ‘The Silmarillion’?? (In 3-D maybe?)

10. Lisa Conner says: