The two major changes in RotK are addition of TTT material and cutting of Scouring:
– Isengard sequence/VOS is at the beginning of RotK.
– Minas Morgul, stairs of Cirith Ungol and Shelob’s lair also in RotK
– “We don’t have the Scouring of the Shire.” (In case anyone was holding out hope … )
– At this point, no Ghan-Buri-Ghan. Doubts this will be added in pickups.
– Otherwise it follows the book “reasonably well.”
– Shelob will be “the creepiest and scariest of creatures.” Based on the Tunnel Web spider of New Zealand. Photo above
– Mumakil and Nazgul will have center-stage appearances – more spectacular.
– Post-production should be completed and film “delivered” end of October, early November.
– Also of interest: “We only meet one new character, which is Denethor – and he’s only new to those who don’t check out The Two Towers extended cut in November!” Sounds like a comfirmation of the Faramir / Boromir / Denethor flashback.