Viggo To Read Poetry At St. Lawrence U
George writes: Viggo is going to be reading his poetry at his alma mater, St. Lawrence University. A good chance for Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal (and Kingston, etc.) fans to see him in person.
CANTON – Viggo Mortensen, star of the current hit film The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers, and a 1980 graduate of St. Lawrence University, will make several public appearances at the University on Friday, February 28, and Saturday, March 1, in conjunction with an exhibition of his photographs in the Richard F. Brush Art Gallery on campus from February 28 through April 5.
Mortensen will appear at the following public events.
Attendance at each requires free tickets. Friday, February 28
– Opening reception for the exhibition “Signlanguage:
Photographs by Viggo Mortensen,” 7:30-8:30 p.m. and 9-10 p.m., Richard F. Brush Art Gallery. Saturday, March 1
– Poetry reading, 2:30 p.m., Gulick Theatre
– Book signing, 3-7 p.m., Brush Gallery
– Screening of the extended version of The Lord Of The Rings, Part I: The Fellowship Of The Ring, Gulick Theatre, 7:30-11 p.m., and The Underground (E.J. Noble University Center), 7:45-11:15 p.m.; each with introductory remarks by Mortensen.
In order to accommodate as many people as possible for
participation in at least one event, tickets will be made available as follows:
– Any one person may request up to 2 tickets for one event only.
– Tickets will be available for in-person pick-up on Monday, February 17, beginning at 8 a.m., at the E.J. Noble University Center main desk.
– Tickets will be available to St. Lawrence University students, faculty, staff and retirees, and members of the community, through 5 p.m., on Friday, February 21. After that date and time, tickets will be available to anyone for any of the events on first-come, first-served basis.
– At all times, those who desire tickets must go to the
E.J. Noble University Center main desk in person; identification will be required. No telephone requests will be accepted. Also, please note that no waiting list will be established and tickets will not be mailed out.