Ringer fan Mike sent this in earlier today:
Although the LOTR trailer is excellent in most ways, one problems is with the sound distorting/clipping especially near the beginning. In case anyone is interested in improving the sound quality of the LOTR trailer, there is one way to do it that I have discovered:
1) You must have Quicktime Pro (attained by registering your copy of QT for $30)
2) Open the movie
3) Get Info
4) Select the track called ‘Sound 1’
5) Select the Volume property
6) Bring down the bass and treble and volume by a good third.
7) Voila, one trailer that doesn’t distort
Thanks Mike for the tip!