Height: 5' 9 1/2" (1.76m)
Birthday: May 23rd, 1958
Hair Color: Black with Silver Flecks
Eye Color: Hazel
Spouse: Nicole Chesterman
Children: 4 Daughters
William Kircher’s acting career was launched on his graduation from the New Zealand Drama School at the tender age of eighteen. After a further two years as an apprentice he worked extensively throughout the country and, over the next twenty years, went on to appear in more than one hundred professional theatre productions. This was in parallel to a successful film & television career that saw William holding a reputation as one of the most respected actors in New Zealand.
In the late 90′s William shifted his focus away from acting toward production and executive management. He was engaged as a producer by UK television company Cloud 9 Screen Entertainment to assist developing projects for New Zealand audiences. He was invited to head up Cloud 9′s commercial division in 1999. This role saw William produce an award-winning short film, as well as a range of other corporate projects. He became a member of the Cloud 9 executive team with responsibility for managing public relations, media and communications.
In 2003 William went into partnership to form ScreenAdventures. The mission being to develop, finance and produce feature films for international audiences. ScreenAdventures is currently co-producing horror flick ‘Damnation Island’, along with LA-based Enderby Entertainment.
In 2006 the film ‘Out Of The Blue’ saw the welcome return of William Kircher to screen acting. The film, directed by Robert Sarkies, was based on a true story of a massacre in the small seaside village of Aramoana.
2009 – 2010 William stepped back into the production side of the business and he recently completed a fourteen-month contract line-producing ‘The Investigator’, a high rating television docudrama for Red Sky Film & Television.
Some acting highlights include:
- A ground-breaking national tour of John Godber’s hit show ‘Bouncers’ that culminated in selling out one of the largest venues in the country.
- The murderous cowboy ‘Pyke’ in Canada/NZ co-pro telefeature ‘Gold’
- Three seasons starring as ‘BP’ in the top rating police drama ‘Shark In The Park’
- Disney-released telefeature ‘Valley of Adventure’ playing lead villain ‘Tel’.
- The opportunity to portray George Cross recipient Sgt. Stu Guthrie in the 2006 film ‘Out Of The Blue’, a performance that received critical acclaim.
Some interesting facts:
- As a teenager, William lied about his age to get into Drama School, he was just 16yrs, then graduated two years later going on to a further two years apprenticeship in professional theatre in New Zealand.
- He is married to Talent Agent and rock singer, Nicole Chesterman, they have four daughters
- William’s daughter, Isabelle-Rose Kircher, played the role of ‘Carla’ in Disney’s “Bridge To Terabithia” and was a guest at the Hollywood Premiere.
- Another daughter, Marguerite, is currently appearing in a core cast role in the telefeature, working title; “Tangiwai”, currently being filmed in Wellington.
- He has played several murderers, several policemen… and a couple of murderous policemen.
- William loves his family, walking his dogs, fishing and enjoying the beach and bush life at his seaside home in Eastbourne.