The Hobbit Trilogy Fan Challenge from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
The good folks at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment are running a pretty huge contest at the moment – offering fans a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Hobbiton Movie Set Tour in New Zealand.
Fans have been voting, since Dec 26th, to pick their favourites from various scenes from all three Hobbit movies. Tomorrow, Jan 13th, the winning scenes will be revealed. Fans then have until February 2nd to submit their own recreations of those scenes, to be in with a chance to win!
You can see which scenes have been chosen (from tomorrow) here. Then either get going with making your own video, or check back on February 9th to vote for your favourite from the fan creations!
Full details of the contest are at the official competition website, here. There are of course lots of rules about things such as country of residence, and we’re sorry but you do have to be 18 and over to enter. Check out all the rules at the competition site – to get you started, here is a brief summary for you:
* Entrants submit their videos (up to two minutes in length) to the official contest entry page on the site for judging. Videos must also be uploaded to YouTube complete with the Hobbit Challenge endcard and official hashtag #hobbitchallenge to quality.
* From February 9 – February 15 fans will be able to vote on their favorite video submissions on the official Hobbit YouTube channel. The top 30 entries as voted by fans will then be reviewed by a panel of judges.
* A winning video from each participating country will be announced starting March 24, 2015. Dates and times vary by country. The winner from each country will receive a prize package including The Hobbit collectibles from The Noble Collection and a Blu-ray of The Hobbit Trilogy.
* The winning country videos will advance to the grand prize judging to be decided by representatives of the filmmakers.
* The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on April 22, 2015, and will receive a trip for 2 to New Zealand and a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set Tour.
Good luck to all who enter!
[Please note, TheOneRing.net is in no way affiliated with this contest. If you have questions or comments about the rules, please go to https://fanchallenge.thehobbit.com and contact the organisers there.]
One Last Party fundraiser!
Our One Last Party fundraiser on Indiegogo is 80% funded and we’re pretty stoked!
If you’d like to join us as a Party of Special Magnificence in Hollywood in February — a toast to all SIX Middle-earth movies, then now is the time to throw in your support! Even if you can’t make it to Hollywood (or if you’ve already contributed), you can help out by retweeting or sharing our fundraiser across social media to get the word out.Posted in Contests, Creations, Events, Fans, Hobbit Fan Contest, Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug on January 12, 2015 by greendragon