Warner Brothers clarifies ‘Desolation of Smaug’ Bonus Feature confusion
With the release this past Tuesday of the Blu-ray and DVD Editions of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, there was a bit of confusion concerning several video advertisements and the bonus material on the discs.
The videos embedded below – “Beorn the Shapeshifter” and “Laketown – Entering the World of Men”, as well as a “Giant Mirkwood Spiders” video on the L.A. Times website – contained snippets of behind the scenes video and interviews that many could not find of the discs.
Warner Brothers has now informed us that these are promotional pieces created to promote the release, and do not include material from the discs themselves.
The Bonus disc on both the Blu-ray and Special Edition DVD releases do, however, contain the following content:
- Peter Jackson Invites You to the Set (In the Company of The Hobbit & All in a Day’s Work) ~ 41 minutes
- Production Videos ~ 37 minutes
- Live Event: In the Cutting Room ~ 38 minutes
- New Zealand: Home of Middle-earth, Part 2 ~ 7 minutes
- Trailers & Previews ~ 12 minutes
- Music Video “I See Fire” by Ed Sheeran ~ 6 minutes