LOTR Trilogy Marathon: dos and don’ts
Tomorrow, December 8, many theaters in the U.S. and elsewhere will be hosting Lord of the Rings movie marathons: all three extended editions of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in one glorious day! If you don’t have your tickets, you can still get them in the U.S. at AMC, Cinemark and Regal cinemas. If you do have your tickets, you’re probably getting ready for the big day. Like you, some of our discussion board members are also going and have been sharing tips and tricks to prepare for, and survive, the big day. Read some of their recommendations below, and share one or two of your own here. (Thanks to member Chopsta123 for getting the ball rolling).
- some caffeine might help if you’re not used to staying up late, but too much caffeine might make you fidgety. (zarabia)
- bring something you can drape on your chair to ‘claim’ it during breaks but you won’t mind losing if some loser steals it. (Magpie)
- a set of earplugs or tissue to periodically stuff in your ears might be useful. You might say, “It would interfere with the experience” (which it does to some extent), but after years of being in control of the volume on the TV to watch them, it was like an assault on my eardrums when the orcs, wargs, and Nazgul showed up in the theatre again (Lissuin)
- plan something to do afterwards to help you process/unwind — like walking under the stars, if you can manage that. It’s like eating a very fine and heavy meal — you need time to digest it when you get up from the table! (weaver)
- be prepared for the theater to be cold. Many are. But layer so you can adapt if it gets too warm. (Magpie)
- bring outside food (of the healthier sort) if your theater allows it. (lyndomiel)
- get up, move around and stretch between films. (zarabia).
- don’t buy the jumbo drinks. Unless you have scenes in the movies that you don’t mind running to the bathroom for. (Magpie)
- don’t snore to loudly as it bothers the Elves! (Kangi Ska)
Posted in Events, Fans, Film Screenings, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Meet Ups, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Movie The Two Towers on December 7, 2012 by Altaira
LOTR Trilogy Marathon: dos and don’ts | Discuss