Exclusive Pics of ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles: Art and Design’ and a Giveaway!
An amazing new publication from HarperCollins Publishers is coming your way on December 14th – yup, the same day ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ releases in theaters. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles: Art & Design is a sumptuous celebration of the creative vision of Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. The book is packed with more than 1,000 images of concept artwork, photographs and development paintings by the artists working behind the scenes to bring Middle-earth to life, who each provide detailed and entertaining commentary that reveals the story behind the vision. Today we are privileged to share with you three exclusive images of this new book. (View them in the gallery below) But wait…there’s more! HarperCollins Publishers has generously given us (40) Forty copies of Thorin’s map to give to fans. (Due to shipping constraints, we can only offer this giveaway to US and Canadian Fans). Simply fill out the form below by December 19th and we’ll randomly choose (40) Forty winners. Enter the contest, check out the exclusive imagery and don’t forget to order your copy of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles: Art & Design today! [Click here]
It’s easy to enter, just fill out the form and click submit! Winners will be notified on December 20th.
About The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles: Art & Design
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles: Art & Design is a sumptuous celebration of the creative vision of Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. The book is packed with more than 1,000 images of concept artwork, photographs and development paintings by the artists working behind the scenes to bring Middle-earth to life, who each provide detailed and entertaining commentary that reveals the story behind the vision.
As a bonus feature unique to this book, there is a special fold-out map printed in glow-in-the-dark ink and a giant four-page fold-out of Bilbo’s contract.
Complied by Weta Workshop senior concept designer Daniel Falconer, this is the first in a series of lavish hardcover books written and designed by the award-winning team at Weta, who are working closely with the production team to guarantee that these books will be bursting with insider information and stunning visual imagery.
Terms and Conditions of Contest Entry
- Who can enter?: This Giveaway is open to all visitors of TheOneRing.net, between the dates of Dec 6th 2012 and December 19th 2012
- Method of Entry: To enter the giveaway, use the form above.. Limit one entry per user, household, postal address. Winning entrants must respond within 2 days to our email notification or the prize will be offered to another visitor.
- Winners: Winners will be chosen and posted on December 20th 2012.
- Prize(s): See listing of prizes above.
- You must be eighteen years or older to enter. Entries received become the sole property of TheOneRing.net (“Sponsor”). Acknowledgment of your entry is not guaranteed. TheOneRing.net is not responsible for technical issues which may prevent an entrant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Giveaway or for typographical or other errors in the handling of the Giveaway materials, administration of the Giveaway or the announcement of the prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Giveaway if there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud which may destroy the integrity of the Giveaway as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion or for any other reason. Any fraudulent entry or entry that contains misinformation is null and void. All decisions of the Sponsor related to the Giveaway are final.
- By entering, entrants consent to the use of his or her name, city name, image and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation or permission, unless prohibited by law. No substitutions, transfers or cash redemptions of prizes can be made except by the Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value, if prize is unavailable. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release within 5 days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and alternate winner may be selected. Taxes, travel, food, lodging and all other expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Odds of being a winner depend on total number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- All contestants release and forever discharge TheOneRing.net and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, owners, partners, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “Affiliates”) from and against any and all liability and/or claims with the respect to or in any way arising from this Giveaway, participation in the Giveaway and acceptance or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, any liability for personal injury or property damage or loss. Contestants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Affiliates harmless from any or against any and all liability and/or claims with respect to or arising from contestant’s acts or omissions in connection with participation in the Giveaway and use of any prizes.
- Employees of TheOneRing.net and other agents and family members living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- For names of winners, available at the conclusion of the Giveaway, please visit http://www.theonering.net.
- Delivery for the contest winner: Winners will be sent the prize via standard mail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS AND EACH OF ITS RESPECTIVE PARENTS, DIVISIONS, AFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND ADVERTISING AGENCIES (COLLECTIVELY, “HCP”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE REMOVAL FROM THE SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE HCP BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE, THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Posted in Books Publications, Contests, Events, Fans, Headlines, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community on December 6, 2012 by newsfrombree