TheOneRing.net: Collecting The Precious – Elessar’s Collection Update 2020 https://t.co/Czmi576EyA https://t.co/kkK9QQvd8w

TheOneRing.net: Looks like Dominic Monaghan is playing D&D tonight! Check out @DomsWildThings over on le twitch https://t.co/JiiIQmLC4k

TheOneRing.net: CONFIRMED: Cinematographer Óscar Faura joins Amazon's @LOTRonPrime show, worked on Imitation Game + all @filmbayonahttps://t.co/Sp74Q12W4q

Official Hobbit Casting Call For Elves

August 12, 2011 at 2:35 am by Earl  -

An official casting call for Elves in the upcoming Hobbit films has been posted at TradeMe.co.nz.

The production is looking for “slim” people to play Elf extras. Details can be found over at the link provided above, but the basic brief is as follows:

• Men must be aged 17 – 30 with a height of 165 cm – 178 cm.
  • Women must be aged 17 – 30 with a height of 165cm – 173cm.

The advert states that filming is due in Wellington in September.

If you happen to attend the casting call (or the film shoot) and have any stories to share, please feel free to write us. You can do so either by clicking the “Got news?” link at the top-right of the home page or by sending an email directly to spymaster@theonering.net.

Thanks to message board member Bilbo Bling Just One Ring for the heads-up!

Posted in Casting Calls, Characters, Hobbit Movie, Production, The Hobbit on August 12, 2011 by Source: TradeMe.co.nz Official Hobbit Casting Call For Elves | Discuss

22 responses to “Official Hobbit Casting Call For Elves”

1. Mr Chicken says:

Sorry it’s late and I might be miscalculating this…. but isn’t 165 cm only 5’5″?  and 178 cm isn’t even 6′.  That’s incredibly short for an elf.

2. Mr Chicken says:

… of course I neglected to click the link as I just did.  Such a narrow window as well (of three inches)…  how peculiar.

3. emery says:

just applied! 🙂

4. Huoriel says:

I’m a great fan of The Lord of the Rings (as anyone over here, I believe) so it’s a pity that it’s on the other side of the world. I wish I could be there, and see how one of my dreams come true.
    However, congratulations to you all who can do it, I’m sure it’ll be an amazing experience, even if you haven’t seen LOTR.

5. Is the call open for people from all over the world, or just for people from NZ?

6. They’re not asking for anyone to attend a casting anywhere. They’re asking for photos to be emailed.

7. MM. says:

178 is short for a man, at least where I live. I`m a girl, 180 cm, and I don´t even stand out 😀

8. Steve says:

If I live in the states and was crazy enough to go out to NZ to try and get in. Would they let me? Would I need anything special like a VISA or screen actors guild thing to get in?

9. Ethan Hunter says:

Im to tall for an elf…

10. A_ziesmann says:

i’m too tall 🙁 aren’t elves supposed to be tall?

11. Alcarincua Anardur says:

And what if I’m 1’80cm
    Am I screwed? :,(

12. Rosie says:

And, if you’re planning on going there you might as well stick around for the Moody Blues concert.

13. grievous444 says:

Any chance they need extra dwarves or hobbits? :p

14. Holly Halsey says:

🙁 you can.. saw my legs off if need be! i am only 10 inches too short !!

15. MJ says:

I wonder if the height limitation is because the elves need to be the right height relative to the dwarf size doubles, rather than just being “tall”.

16. Katherine_sirokatherine says:

Yea im wondering the samething i have been n extra in couple shows in toronto nd im a huge lord of the rings fan so in wondering the samething it would be a great experience:-)

17. Johnryan82 says:

I attended this Official Casting Call in the studios, a week last Friday, sent pictures in the liked, now Im really hoping it was successful…  Fairly quick process, a bit of small talk, pictures and on my way again.  The girls in the office gave nothing away…  Has anybody heard back yet?

18. Cy says:

Are there any chances for smaller Elves, perhaps younger ones? I’m 152.4 CM…