OXONMOOT 2006 News
Somerville College, Oxford
Friday 15th Sunday 17th September
Registration Rates: £33 (members) or £37 (non-members)
Accommodation and meals available within Somerville College separately, see below.
PROGRAMME ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Robert Blackham: The Roots of Tolkiens Middle-earth.
- An exploration of many of the places which would later appear in Tolkien’s writings and how, often by a miracle, many of them survived (e.g. the Shire Country Park).
- Jean Chausse: The Healing of Théoden; a Glimpse of the Final Victory.
- A comparison of Théoden’s healing by Gandalf with Pentecost.
- Murray Smith: Faithful Catholics and the Faithful of Númenor.
- How British and Irish Catholic experiences influenced Tolkien’s story of Númenor
- David Doughan: Women, Oxford and Tolkien.
- Alex Lewis: The View from the Misty Mountains.
- Jessica Yates: Denethor and the Palant’r.
Friday Night Welcome Dinner, Quiz, Art Show, Merry & Pippins Dance Workshop, Saturday Evening Party, Enyalië (act of remembrance at Tolkiens grave)
Sales Room featuring:
Tolkien Society Trading, Daerons Books,
Runesmith, and the Bookwyrm
Book Online: www.tolkiensociety.org
Last date for accommodation and dinner bookings: 31st August
Last date for online or postal bookings to arrive: 5th September
Email enquiries: email@example.com
It may be possible to register on the day, but not for meals or accommodation. The Society reserves the right to charge a different rate for on the day registrations.Posted in Old Special Reports on August 23, 2006 by xoanon