June is Green and So are Our Books
Greetings, Quickbeam here.
Well, you know what they say, “Better late than never” You’ll certainly forgive our tardiness when you see our big old update for Green Books so come on down:
- Quickbeam strikes again! This time I ask my readers to participate as I travel “The Furthest Reaches” of Middle-earth. Go Out on a Limb and take part in this imaginative exercise.
- Turgon has awesome news on his Bookshelf. The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien and the remarkable Humphrey Carpenter Biography are finally being reprinted here in the U.S. Huzzah!
- We have new Tributes from Charles de Lint (Forests of the Heart) and Christopher Kenworthy (The Winter Inside).
- Questions & Answers has ELEVEN new articles! Wrap your brain around this:
- Who was the Mouth of Sauron?
- How can you cut off an invisible finger?
- What was behind Faramir’s dreams?
- How the heck did Glamdring end up in a Troll’s cave?
- Why did Celeborn stay behind?
- Why weren’t the Valar more involved against Sauron?
All these and more can be found here.
- Check out the new entries in our Moon Letters section There’s a bevy of hysterical song parodies and very cool poetry.
- Of course, we have updates in red for our previous Q&A articles. Please use our ever-so-functional SEARCH feature to explore the many subjects we’ve covered in Q&A since last year.
If it’s good summer reading you crave, then my friend look no further. Join us as we explore the WORDS and WORLD of Tolkien.
Much too hasty,
QuickbeamPosted in Green Books, Old Main News on June 28, 2000 by Cliff Quickbeam Broadway