It’s been almost a year since The One Last Party, but we haven’t forgotten it, and we didn’t want Peter Jackson to think we’d forgotten about him either. As you may remember, one of the promises we made on the Indiegogo campaign was that we would send Peter a “thank you” card. To be exact, we said, “Your name will go on an EPIC ‘thank you’ card we will present or send to Peter Jackson, from fans everywhere, to express our appreciation for the immense effort he and his cast and crew have put into the epic journey of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films.”
After the campaign ended, the TORn staff began brainstorming how to get all the names on one card – there were a lot of them! We decided to create a keepsake ‘Red Book’ for Peter. TORn staffer and designer, Mithril (Nancy Steinman), found a gorgeous leather journal and then designed and illustrated the interior pages and bound them into the book. Out of the 194 pages of the journal, 180 of them were the list of names!
Peter now has his journal, but we thought all of you deserved something to remember that fantastic night, too (besides your gift bags), so Mithril reached out with some questions to one of the party planners who was absolutely instrumental in making the party happen. Following is the interview with TORn Senior Staffer greendragon, and scroll down to see some photos of the journal and the party.
The OneLastParty is almost upon us, and today we’re very excited and pleased to unveil the delectable items that will be featured at the buffet dinner and bar areas. First, some answers to some of the questions we’ve been getting:
Food fun facts:
– The doors open at 5:30 and the buffet line opens shortly afterwards at 5:45 p.m.
– Dinner service will run until 8:00 p.m. with the show starting around 8:30 p.m.
– Special Dietary needs: the party planners went to great lengths to ensure we could accommodate a number of dietary preferences which are indicated in the notes to the menu. However, if you have a very severe food allergy, you might want to bring something to supplement the buffet offerings. As we’re serving over 500 people, we can’t guarantee that there is absolutely none of a particular ingredient in the food
Bar fun facts:
– Bar areas will feature both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (see pricing below)
– Everyone with tickets that include meals will get two drink tickets at check-in that can be used for two free drinks
– Our friends at Middle-earth Wine are supporting the event, so we will have special Middle-earth wine available at the party! (NB there was a mistake in our post earlier; this wine is available for your drink tickets or to purchase. Unfortunately it will not be free all evening!)
– After your drink tickets have been used, the bars will take cash or credit cards. Credit card purchases have a $20 minimum (if desired, this can be met by opening a tab)
ONE LAST PARTY FOOD MENU
Mixed greens with blackberry balsamic vinaigrette (notes 1, 3)
Butter Lettuce with citrus segments and creamy herb dressing (notes 1, 3)
Roasted potatoes & pearl onions (notes 1, 3)
Buttered peas (notes 1, 3)
Chicken breast with wild mushroom sauce
Pork tenderloin with apple chutney (note 3)
Vegetarian option: Portobello mushroom stacks with eggplant, squash and sun-dried tomato sauce (notes 1, 2, 3)
Baked apples with Cinnamon caramel (notes 1, 3)
Blackberry tart with whipped cream (note 1)
Food notes: (1) Vegetarian, (2) Vegan, (3) Free of large amounts of gluten
ONE LAST PARTY BAR MENU & PRICING:
$3 Juices & sodas
$5 Red Bull
$6 Assorted Beers
$6 Assorted Wines
$11 Cocktails (includes a wonderful selection of Middle-earth themed drinks)