Over the last couple of years, New Zealand Post has issued various products featuring characters and scenes from The Hobbit films, ranging from official stamps and uncirculated coins, to commemorative pure silver and premium gold coins.
With San Diego ComicCon 2016 upon us, we’ve teamed up with our long-time Tolkien friends at NZ Post to bring you a fun new Hobbit-themed contest.
If you know your Wizards from your Orcs, this could be as easy as “String… or nothing!”
One lucky winner will receive a prize pack containing New Zealand Post’s presentation stamp pack issued for each of The Hobbit films. Each pack includes miniature stamp sheets, gummed first day covers, and strips of self-adhesive stamps, besides informational content about the story and characters featured on the stamps.
All you have to do is answer the questions below and send in your submission before midnight of Sunday 31st July 2016 (PST). Entries containing correct answers to all three questions will go into the prize draw.
If you need help figuring out the answers, hop over to New Zealand Post’s “The Hobbit” Stamps & Coins.
The contest is now closed and the winner has been announced. Thanks to all who participated.
Terms and Conditions of Contest Entry
- Who can enter?: This Giveaway is open to all visitors of TheOneRing.net aged 18 years or older.
- Method of Entry: To enter the giveaway, use the form above. Limit one entry per user, household, postal address. Winning entrants must respond within 24 hours to our email notification or prizes will be offered to another winner.
- Winners : Winners will be chosen based on the description of the contest.
- Prize(s): Prizes vary based on the promotion. Please refer to the specific post on TheOneRing.net for prize details.
- You must be eighteen years or older to enter. Entries received become the sole property of TheOneRing.net (“Sponsor”). Acknowledgment of your entry is not guaranteed. TheOneRing.net is not responsible for technical issues which may prevent an entrant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Giveaway or for typographical or other errors in the handling of the Giveaway materials, administration of the Giveaway or the announcement of the prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Giveaway if there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud which may destroy the integrity of the Giveaway as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion or for any other reason. Any fraudulent entry or entry that contains misinformation is null and void. All decisions of the Sponsor related to the Giveaway are final.
- By entering, entrants consent to the use of his or her name, city name, image and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation or permission, unless prohibited by law. No substitutions, transfers or cash redemptions of prizes can be made except by the Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value, if prize is unavailable. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release within 5 days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and alternate winner may be selected. Taxes, travel, food, lodging and all other expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Odds of being a winner depend on total number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- All contestants release and forever discharge TheOneRing.net and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, owners, partners, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “Affiliates”) from and against any and all liability and/or claims with the respect to or in any way arising from this Giveaway, participation in the Giveaway and acceptance or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, any liability for personal injury or property damage or loss. Contestants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Affiliates harmless from any or against any and all liability and/or claims with respect to or arising from contestant’s acts or omissions in connection with participation in the Giveaway and use of any prizes.
- Employees of TheOneRing.net and other agents and family members living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- For names of winners, available at the conclusion of the Giveaway, please visit http://www.theonering.net.
- Delivery for the contest winner: Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.