Regal Entertainment Group, operators of the largest theatre circuit in the United States, are using The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug to premiere a new program that they call Regal Super Ticket. From November 21, this program will allow moviegoers in the USA to purchase a theatre admission ticket at participating cinemas and, for an additional $20, pre-order a Digital HD download of the movie at the same time.
The good news for people who buy one of these Regal Super Tickets is that the pre-ordered Digital HD version of The Desolation of Smaug will be available “weeks before the Blu-ray™ and DVD release date and four days prior to the digital release of the film” (note: that’s precisely what the press release states, word-for-word). They’ll also be able to immediately stream or download a standard definition digital version of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey through any UltraViolet™ service, such as Flixster.
Regal Super Ticket sales for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be available to all moviegoers from November 21, 2013 at participating Regal box offices or through the Regal Entertainment Group website.
“We’re excited to partner with Regal on this and future Super Ticket offers,” said Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. “Super Ticket is an innovative way to give fans the opportunity to see the movie now and, at the same time, secure their ownership of it forever while opening up new and easier channels for us to help consumers access digital products.”
Enter the The Desolation of Smaug Ultimate Adventure Sweepstakes to win a trip to New Zealand
Let’s get the awkward bit out of the road right away: this comp is open to US residents only (sorry everyone else!).
However, for those lucky, lucky folks in the USA (doesn’t include me, alas!), purchasing a Regal Super Ticket automatically puts them into a sweepstakes draw to win a trip to Middle-earth (i.e.: New Zealand), courtesy of Air New Zealand. into The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Ultimate Adventure Sweepstakes.
Everyone who redeems the access code they receive when they purchase their Regal Super Ticket is automatically entered into the sweepstakes.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will win a trip for two to New Zealand, a visit to Hobbiton movie set and Weta Cave courtesy of Air New Zealand.
- Five (5) Second Prize winners will receive prop replica collectibles.
- And twenty-five (25) Third Prize winners will receive the Blu-ray™ edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition as well as The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Purchasing and redeeming a Regal Super Ticket is easy:
- Regal Super Tickets may be purchased at all participating theatres, REGmovies.com and during online ticket transactions on Fandango.com. Visit REGmovies for a list of participating theatres.
- You will receive your movie ticket and a voucher containing a unique access code, which you can then use to redeem your digital versions of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
- A standard definition digital version of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be immediately added to your UltraViolet™ account when you redeem your access code. Four days prior to the digital release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, a Digital HD version of the film will be automatically added to your UltraViolet account. You will need a Flixster and an UltraViolet account. If you don’t already have accounts, you will be prompted to create these (free) accounts when you redeem your code.
- UltraViolet digital versions can be streamed and/or downloaded to your favorite internet connected devices (iOS, Android, Google TV), including smartphones, tablets and computers, as well as internet connected Blu-ray players, TVs and game consoles. Visit Flixster for more information.
- Everyone who redeems their access code is automatically entered into The Desolation of Smaug Ultimate Adventure Sweepstakes. No additional purchase is required to enter these Sweepstakes. For the official rules, please go to UltimateAdventureSweepstakes.com.