In a nomination ceremony hosted just minutes ago by Emma Stone and Oscar host Seth MacFarlane, ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey‘ has been nominated for three awards:
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING
Congratulations to the nominees! Why not celebrate with us on Oscar night, just blocks away from the ceremony?
This year, TORn and Premiere Events are hosting the hot ticket event on Academy Awards night: The One Expected Party, Sunday February 24, 2013 – 3pm to 1am. Open to fans and admirers of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and all topics Middle-earth, this black-tie affair promises to be a gathering like no other. [Tickets]
Among the attractions at The One Expected Party:
- The Hollywood American Legion (only 2 blocks away from the ceremony) will be decorated with the magic of Middle-earth
- Live broadcast of the Academy Awards
- Two buffets – an Afternoon Tea and a full Hobbit Feast Supper
- Following the Oscar broadcast, an incredible live show featuring performances by:
- Billy Boyd (Pippin in The Lord of the Rings films) with his band, Beecake (founded in Glasgow, Scotland)
- Internationally acclaimed Charles Ross – One Man Lord of the Rings
- Emerald Rose – Atlanta based Celtic Rockers
- Hunter Davis – actor and expert Sir Ian McKellen impersonator
- Michael Bilach – The Singing Gandalf
- Dorian Mirth – a music ensemble specializing in Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque and Folk music
Purchase your tickets today! [Tickets]
If the party was not enough to convince you to visit Hollywood for Oscar weekend, we are hosting an Unexpected Art Show with some amazing artists!
An Unexpected Art Show features a collection of Tolkien-inspired art pieces including; paintings, drawings, illustrations and prints from over 30 artists. This unique opportunity to see both fine art and fun art will take place at Lot 613 in Downtown Los Angeles, Friday, February 22. The event will include a live auction of exclusive pieces with select artwork also available for purchase. Among the artists contributing work and attending the show are Tim Kirk and Donato Giancola, whose award-winning depictions of Middle-earth are well-known in the Tolkien community. Jerry VanderStelt, another artist producing work inspired by The Hobbit, is donating three lithographs from The Lord of the Rings film trilogy to the live auction, and prints will be for sale. Among the distinctive pieces on display will be a 7-foot tall LEGO® tower of Orthanc with an epic battle between 100 Orcs and 23 Ents, depicted from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers film. This LEGO model stands 228 LEGO® bricks (7ft. 2in.) tall.. In addition, The Singing Gandalf, and DJ Nick the Ring will entertain throughout the evening. Food will be available for purchase and a cash bar will be open from 7 p.m. Advance tickets can be purchased for $15 at at UnexpectedArtShow.Eventbrite.com. The price will be $20 at the door.