TheOneRing.net: Collecting The Precious – Iron Studios Gandalf the Grey Deluxe Statue https://t.co/78cqOzVzyA https://t.co/Zj2oNLjshj

TheOneRing.net: You will want to get to know supporting actor Owain Arthur as his next project is Amazon’s Lord of the Rings https://t.co/LBCpdGxQQs

More Spoiler Imagery from The Hobbit!

November 9, 2012 at 7:55 am by newsfrombree  -

A variety of new images have appeared online in the last 24 hours and we’d love to share them with you! They are all spoilers and reveal more details on characters we will be seeing in ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.’ Click for this full article to see the gallery, and thanks to our friends at French partner site Tolkiendrim for the heads up!

Posted in Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit on November 9, 2012 by Source: Tolkiendrim.com
Order the Gollum Enraged - Click Here

19 responses to “More Spoiler Imagery from The Hobbit!”

1. asklon says:

I felt LotR had the perfect balance between CG and props. The Hobbit looks like it has too much CG. We’ll see.

2. Jeff says:

LOVING how the Misty Mountain orcs look like bats. Sweet!

3. Ultra-Freaky Goblins!

4. David Birch says:

Looks as though Weta are going for a more CGI take on the orcs as opposed to using practical make up effects. Hope they keep a mix of both.

5. stephengraves says:

How do the trolls compare to the petrified versions seen in LOTR?

6. Brian says:

I’m very disappointed with Radagast’s look. Here is a Maiar spirit who doesn’t even have the where with all to clean birdshit out of his hair? He can be a lover of animals and STILL have some self respect for goodness sake! WETA went waaay too over the top. The CG orcs are also disheartening because of the great practical FX achieved for LOTR. They should have continued it for The Hobbit. Although Bolg is played by a real actor which is great. I hope there are more real actors as orcs that is being led on. I’m just scared their is too much green screen and not enough real NZ landscape & hand craftsmanship which is what made LOTR so great. I really hope Peter Jackson has learned from George Lucas and has not gone completely off the deep end. I hope I am wrong and end up loving the film. I really want to.

7. drow says:

like the wargs!

8. Lukas Schiller says:

Seems like it, but I’m positive that WETA will do it right…in LOTR, there were a few CGI shots of the wargs at the attack on the way to Helm’s Deep, where there is no chance to see the difference between CGI and practical effects. They’ll do it right, I’m sure…:-)

9. MaraBackman says:

I have yet to see any pictures I didn’t like 🙂 I really love the fairytale-look of the designs and colours ^^

10. kelvin says:

The second orc looks really fake it almost looks like it has been drawn

11. werison says:

Fantásticos e incríveis efeitos WETA the Best.

12. Delpheas says:

The wargs here look much better than the ones in TTT.

13. L.J. Kiosq says:

I can’t believe people aren’t happy about these orcs and Wargs! They look epic! The wolfs are really scary looking, more so than I thought based on the hyenas of TTT. And the orcs! Fantastic! I’m glad he used CGI because they look less and less like just dudes in makeup. Everyone does orc and goblins the way P.J does them, but now look how much better they are and the different expressions they can make!

People, CGI isn’t a bad thing! When used properly it helps integrate us into the story. We only say it looks fake because we know it can’t exist. Fantasy is about the unreal. Gollum was 100 percent CGI and I never heard anyone ever say he looked terrible or so fake it took away from the experience.

And I can guarantee that Smaug will be totally CGI. Think about it.

George Lucas isn’t P.J and company, so don’t compare. (Shame…just for shame…)

So who actually trusts P.J and company with this movie trilogy?

14. MaraBackman says:

Their faces look like skeletal demon-dogs, or more like hairy Xenomorphs with eyes. Either way they look pure evil, rather than just vicious animals.

15. Amelia says:

like I keep saying, I’m so disappointed they didn’t use real giant rabbits for Radagast’s sled

16. Brian says:

LJ you couldn’t be more WRONG! My goodness,what a foolish statement to make. The makeup FX was fantastic in LOTR and the real actors can give a more believable performance than any CG pixelated phantom. Gollum is an exception because he was total CG in a world of mostly hand made creatures. The hand craftsmanship and artistry of real makeup is always superior. The majority of people will agree with me. I’m hoping Bolg and other real actors are enough to counter act this green screen sillyness. I hope, I hope, I hope.

17. Forest Park says:

Maybe he is just having a bad hair decade.

18. Xzaithyr says:

@L.J. Kiosq Sorry man but I wholeheartedly disagree with you. How can you possibly believe CGI can give a better performance than the actual actor himself? It can’t I’m afraid to tell you. Never will a computer be able to imitate human behaviour/movements flawlessly. Ever seen the CGI Beowulf? That movie proves my point.

Also you couldn’t be more wrong about Gollum. First of all he is not 100% CGI – not in the slightest. They used ‘Motion Capture’ Technology to record all of Andy Serkis’s movements. who played and voiced Gollum. The only part of Gollum that is CGI is how he looks. Obviously a human doesn’t look like that, but everything else about him is based off of REAL human movement.

Of course CGI is not a bad thing, but when it’s done dis-tastefully (Beowulf) or in too big of doses (The New Star Wars) it can potentially ruin something great.

I for one do trust PJ with this movie, infact I wasn’t at all interested in the slightest when Guillermo Del Toro was set to direct. Middle Earth is PJ and PJ is Middle Earth as far as I am concerned. There is only one man on this planet who can get this done and get it done right and that man is Sir Peter Jackson. He has not let us down thus far and we have no reason to believe otherwise, until we see the finished project as a whole nobody can really say anything lol.

19. uitriu says:

I know there are comments about too much CG. But, for starters, it looks REALLY good. Also, it seems that only the goblins from the caves are mostly CG; notice the orc on the warg looks more like the ones from LORT. I think the CG in the cave goblins is there to show how much they have evolved almost into bat-like creatures. So cool.