TheOneRing.net: Security cam footage proves that Gandalf is officially a disturber of the peace! #Happy4thofJuly https://t.co/xf2UgGtJOc

TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

TheOneRing.net: You could have chosen a different screenshot in a story about COVID https://t.co/OoSrtdXunl

Happy Hobbit: Chickens – Episode 01

October 26, 2012 at 7:17 am by newsfrombree  -

The first episode of Happy Hobbit is upon us! In the first episode, Kili shows the basics of raising chickens. Fresh eggs make good meals, and full bellies make happy hobbits! [Happy Hobbit: Introduction]

Posted in Creations, Fans, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community, Tolkien on October 26, 2012 by
Daggers of Tauriel

12 responses to “Happy Hobbit: Chickens – Episode 01”

1. norwaypianoman says:

Wow. Finally someone is bringing LOTR into daily life.

2. Mezavirs says:

Charming young ladies admire the good natured confidence before a camera it is a rare trait indeed. I would offer the suggestion the two of them acquiesced to do pointy ears since this site is in the oeuvre of Tolkien.

3. R J Dalchow says:

This was wonderfully well done…and such charming young ladies. I hope they do many more.

4. Mathomhouse says:

really well done! I didn’t know what to expect from this series from the intro but this episode was delightful.

5. Tehanu says:

Done. We got three pullets three months ago, and now we have six chicks as well all roaming the back yard. It’s nice to know our chickens are part of the Hobbit trend, as well as being heaps of fun to watch.

6. Akkla says:

Terrible.. Just terrible..

7. Noble Smith says:

This Happy Hobbit video blog is such a great idea! (The thing about wooden eggs to encourage laying was cool.) I wish I’d know about Kellie & Alex earlier I would have featured them in my book about living the Tolkien lifestyle: The Wisdom of the Shire. Please do a video about home brewing!

8. thesithempire says:

Really freakin’ sweet! I love these girls, and their chickens are awesome! (For their sake, I hope Kelly and Alex are vegetarians!)

9. Kili says:

Beautiful and so adorable! That’s great! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

10. BerensKin says:

You ladies are crazy, luv it! Sad to say, when I was young farm boy, my best friend WAS a chicken. Nice home-grown grass roots stuff m’ladies, gosh fun AND educational -keep it up! Makes me feel like sharin’ a brown ale around the party tree after a hard day’s work ;). Happy Hobbit.

11. Kili says:

Your wish is my command! I’m kicking myself because I brewed beer for the first time *just* before we started the show! I threw a hobbit party and now there isn’t a drop left. 🙁 I have some blackberry wine brewing but that’s fairly boring… I could do an episode using the pictures I have of the brewing process, or maybe I could grab my friend with his brewing gear and film a new one! It’s just hard to fit into an episode since it’s a month-long process, but I’ll find a way! And thank you for your support! 🙂

12. Kili says:

My sister and I wish to give you all a very warm-hearted thank you for your support! We shall strive to be worthy of such kind, inteligent hobbits!