TheOneRing.net: New Line green lit LOTR in 1998 and we watched Fellowship together 3 years later. 🕰 https://t.co/7lXbEc8jQC

TheOneRing.net: Auckland, where LOTR is shooting, goes into Level 3 quarantine after 4 people in a single house get COVID potential… https://t.co/QKLvSFCPyj

TheOneRing.net: I'm now streaming on Twitch! Playing Talk Shows https://t.co/LWNHMc0YuD

Looking for Ultimate Tolkien Fans!

August 26, 2012 at 9:16 am by newsfrombree  -
Patrick Acton's Matchstick Minas Tirith

Patrick Acton’s Matchstick Minas Tirith

TheOneRing.net is continuing on our journey, quest, thing and we’re on the hunt for super fans. Think you have what it takes to be called an “Ultimate Fan?” Maybe you know someone who can be give that title? If so, we want to hear from you.

Do you have an awesome Tolkien tattoo. Maybe you’ve turned your home into Middle Earth! Maybe you named your children after Tolkien characters?  Artist, costumer, musician, baker, you name it — if you, or an acquaintance, have a large body of work or an ultimate super project, we want to know about it.

To tell us what makes you, or someone you know, the biggest and best of Lord of the Rings fans, use one of the links below to send us as much information as possible. We’ll need to see what your submission is all about, so please submit a URL to an image or site. Or you can upload a small photo version. (Don’t worry, right now we don’t need super-big images and we will follow up if we need more information.)

We can’t wait to see what our fellow fans are up to as we continue our quest! [Submit Yourself] [Submit a Friend]

Posted in Creations, Events, Fans, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Meet Ups, Miscellaneous, Other Events, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community, Tolkien on August 26, 2012 by Looking for Ultimate Tolkien Fans! | Discuss
Key to Erebor

9 responses to “Looking for Ultimate Tolkien Fans!”

1. Jake says:

I have totally been to the Matchstick Museum and have my picture next to Minas Tirith! It’s as tall as I am.

2. nick says:

I have my name tattooed in Tengwar

3. Deniz Bevan says:

Me! I’ve been reading The Lord of the Rings every year since I was eleven (sometimes more often in a year), and that includes the Prologue and Appendices. I also reread The Hobbit often and am in the midst of rereading, again, all twelve books of Middle Earth. I’ve read and bought at least one copy of anything Tolkien has ever written and have my name on ‘find your book’ lists on abebooks and alibris for the items I don’t have (e.g. Songs for the Philologists, the original copies). I’ve read nearly every book written by all fellow Inklings, even distant ones such as Dorothy Sayers. I’ve read all the books written by Tolkien’s grandson. I’ve got puzzles, LEGO, movie posters and stickers, etc. I but as many issues of Parma Eldalamberon as I can afford. I’m on the Yahoo mailing lists, I’m on… well, you get the idea. There’s more!

4. Lori McNabb says:

I am a Tolkien fanatic. I have been a fantatic since 1976 when I first read The Hobbit. My collection is now valued at close to $30,000. I read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and sometimes even The History of Middle Earth – all twelve volumes, at least once once per year. I am a Chartered member of Lord of the Rings. I watch the extended version more than 5 times per year. I have two tatooes (one of the one ring, and one in Elvish that says Lori, dance like no one is watching). I even married my own personal Hobbit named Drogo Smallburrows of Sandydowns. Our condo is named Dimpledogwood’s BagEnd! I am on many mailing lists – anything to do with Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit. We are going to New Zealand for the Hobbit Premiere Tour in November. Nienna Alcarin

5. Natalie says:

I’ve read all the books, been to the lotr musical, been to the lotr movie exhibition, am (nearly) word perfect on every film and have an elvish tattoo, long live nerds ok

6. sarahthehobbit says:

7. sarahthehobbit says:

I submitted my statement :] LOTR fans, feel free to check out my blog, and if you do be sure to check my ART page or my link to deviantArt! 108 days until The Hobbit!!! sarahthehobbit.wordpress.com

8. John Breen says:

when a Ultimate Fan is chosen will there be a notice?

9. Alasdairhurst says:

It seems that ultimate fans are being shot down by warner brothers. I’m currently part of a large non profit, fan based video game mod team called MERP (Super project right there, based on the books as close as possible), with a HUGE fanbase. WB recently sent us a C&D to the dismay of the whole team who have bean working on it for years and years, as well as the tens of thousands of fans over the world…
    (just search for “MERP Cease and Desist” to see how much of a big deal it’s become)

So you know that matchstick Minas Tirith? that hobbit hole cake you made for your kid’s birthday? That tattoo of gandalf? Well you’d better not post it in fear of getting sued! This is what the world has come to… Big corporations buying rights to a popular fandom they didn’t make themselves, and fiercely destroying anything a fan does that they didn’t authorize themselves!