TheOneRing.net: We got more from our friends at Budk. This time Rohan is getting some love and specifically Eomer. If you’re a prop… https://t.co/0xGfn7HSKX

TheOneRing.net: Hear me out: Animal Crossing, but its Treebeard and you are a sapling Ent arranging your small part of the forest

Behold, The Hobbit Trailer & Frame by Frame!

December 21, 2011 at 8:57 am by newsfrombree  -

UPDATE! We’ve added our frame by frame analysis to TORn now with a full page of Hobbity goodness. Find it right HERE.

As you can imagine, the poor TheOneRing.net server has been hammered and is crumbling under the pressure of a trailer release. As a result, we’ve added our first pass at a Hobbit Trailer frame-by-frame analysis as a gallery on our Facebook page. Check it out and share your thoughts/opinions! [Facebook Frame-by-Frame]

And of course, enjoy the trailer right here on TORn and then visit the official website TheHobbit.com!

Posted in Casting Rumors, Creations, Director Rumors, Fans, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Locations Sets, Rumors Spy News, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community on December 21, 2011 by
Daggers of Tauriel

16 responses to “Behold, The Hobbit Trailer & Frame by Frame!”

1. Astivison says:

I do think your wrong on thinking that the sword Gandalf is carrying is not Glamdring. I t most certainly is.

2. Cilldara says:

OMG! Can we wait another year(actually less)???????

3. Molerocket says:

Can someone please transcribe the trailer dialogue and song for us hearing-impaired folks?

4. Sikarius says:

CANT WAAAIT

5. Lemon says:

No wonder Celeborn had ‘much desire to speak with him’.
    Gandalf had been having sexy time with Galadriel lol.

6. Lemon says:

No wonder Celeborn had ‘much desire to speak with him’.
    Gandalf had been having sexy time with Galadriel lol.

7. MattyK says:

OLD BILBO (V/O)
    My dear Frodo. You asked me once if I had told you everything there was to kow about my adventures. Well I can honestly say I have told you the truth… I may not have told you all of it.

GANDALF
    Bilbo Baggins. I’m looking for someone to share in an adventure.

BILBO
    I can’t just go running off into the blue! I am a Baggins –

(intercut Bilbo running, letter in hand, crying “Wait!”)

BILBO (cont’d)
    …of Bag End.

GANDALF (intercut with dwarf close-ups)
    Bilbo. Allow me to introduce Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori, Ori, and the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield.

THORIN (sings)
    #Far over the misty mountains cold
    #To dungeons deep and caverns old.

DWARVES (joining in)
    #The pines were roaring on the height
    #The winds were moaning in the night
    #The fire was red, its flames spread
    #The trees like torches blazed with light.

THORIN (v/o)
    I cannot guarantee his safety.

GANDALF
    Understood.

THORIN
    Nor will I be responsible for his fate.

(Long dialogue-free sequence, over a soaring, orchestral version of the song)

GANDALF (v/o, as Bilbo leaps a fence)
    You’ll have a tale or two to tell when you come back.

BILBO
    Can you promise that I will come back?

GANDALF

(Cut to the cave, with the ring)

GANDALF (cont’d, v/o)
    And if you do… you will not be the same.

(Title card, and over it – )

BILBO (v/o)
    My name is Bilbo Baggins.

GOLLUM
    Bagginses. What is a bagginses… Precious?

8. Wolvie Vsl2k1 says:

The Dwaven chant remind me of Klingon songs for glorious dead warriors on various Trek series. The audio is quite low on the trailer.

9. Lorgelas says:

It depends on  what part of the movie he’s in. If I recall Gandalf found Glamdring in the hobbit. I’ll have to check my books

10. Linda Turner says:

Is it too early to start a line party? 🙂

11. Roger42134 says:

no viggo, no movie for me

12. Jen Hiles says:

This is from the Unfinished Tales where Tolkien gives a nice blurb about Gandalf’s intentions with Bilbo’s aventures. I highly recommend reading it and I wonder if they will draw from this for the movies.

13. Enna says:

I have NO IDEA how I am going to wait another whole year for this movie to come out!!!!!!!

14. Enna says:

Oh COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Youngie42 says:

I kinda just had myself a nerdgasm. I’m going to start counting the days.