TheOneRing.net: How do you reconcile this commonly held opinion with Tolkien's actual text in The Silmarillion & Unfinished Tales w… https://t.co/Qhi2Tdf5nx

TheOneRing.net: Smarter minds could probably do a whole tweet thread on Tolkien's exploration of sexuality in the Second Age, and h… https://t.co/CHdDx2Vlk8

From USA Today: ‘Hobbit’ trailer to premiere Dec. 20

December 16, 2011 at 7:53 pm by xoanon  -

The trailer for director Peter Jackson’s upcoming film based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic fantasy novels will make its worldwide premiere on Tuesday, the studio announced today.

A 15-minute satellite feed of the trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will stream at 10 p.m. ET/PT on the night of Dec. 20 and again the following day at 9 a.m. ET/PT.

Jackson is bringing back most of his cast from the hit trilogy franchise, The Lord of the Rings, including Ian McKellan as Gandalf, Elijah Wood as Frodo, Andy Serkis as Gollum, Orlando Bloom as Legolas and Cate Blanchett as Galadriel. Martin Freeman, from the British version of Ricky Gervais’ The Office, has come onboard in the title role of Bilbo Baggins.

The Hobbit will hit theaters next December.

Posted in Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit on December 16, 2011 by
From USA Today: ‘Hobbit’ trailer to premiere Dec. 20 | Discuss

Daggers of Tauriel

26 responses to “From USA Today: ‘Hobbit’ trailer to premiere Dec. 20”

What channel or internet feed this will be on , I don’t know as yet. Anyone who does know about share it with us here please!

2. Alan McRea Jr says:

15 minutes??

3. Yayagal250 says:

Where will it be streaming?  Can we have a link?

4. Kris Anderson says:

Where can we view this trailer?

5. George Scanlan says:

On what network or website?

6. Caitlin Sky says:

Happy Birthday to Me! (no really…that’s my birthday!) YAY!!! So excited!

7. Super Knight says:

YES! YES! YES! Thanks so much, OneRing.net, for posting this epic news!! I have watched your website closely while waiting for a release date for this trailer. I have to say that this will be the best Christmas present ever and I am so looking forward to it! I even jokingly told my sisters that I’d fly all the way to the States just to watch the trailer that plays behind the Tin Tin movie as I already saw Tin Tin in my country. Obviously, I won’t do that as I’ll just wait for it to show up on YouTube or on a movie near me. Even so, I cannot wait for this release date and I am gonna initiate a countdown until the 20th!!
    This is epic!!! 😉

8. Mario says:

What is the website where we can watch the trailer?

9. Rochendil says:

I want to see it in the cinema.  I live in the UK.  Does this mean I’ll have to wait to see Sherlock Holmes on Tuesday instead of tomorrow?  Or is it already showing in theatres and this is just an online worldwide premier??

No Idea, I got the heads up about from a friend about this info and sent it in to TORN within moments of this going up but as for further details about UK trailers showings I am still in the dark.

11. Gryhtsng says:

So excited to see it!

12. Glarpaso says:

I can´t wait!! yabbadabbadoooo! Might go watch all the extended right now.

13. Zaktan555 says:

can’t……..wait…… lol

14. Clint says:

Warner Bros really needs to confirm this.  Also, a host website for the trailer would be nice.

Can’t find any info on what website the satellite feed will be on.  Currently scouring.

16. lizzie says:

Hi! I’m in the UK too.Is’nt it frustrating to read specific details for the States and no info for us? I’m not blaming TORN but I am dying to see the trailer on the big screen (in 3D?) I even popped into my local multi plex the other day to ask if it would be showing it at the front of sherlock but the guy said they hadn’t heard anything and he wasn’t sure that they’d be showing it at all! WHAT?

17. DragonsAreAwesome says:

SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!! 😀  But pleeeaaasssee, I really want to see this so where do I go to watch it on Tuesday??!?!??!?!?!
    And to think, I have to wait a whole yeeeeeear to see the movie 🙁

18. Eric says:

What does 10pm ET/PT mean? Is it 10pm eastern time or 10pm pacific time? And where will it be streamed??

19. Eric says:

20. Rosie says:

Well, I’m sure Tin Tin will be a hit but I’m not going to see it.  Now, if the trailer for The Hobbit was going to be seen before The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo that’s a different story.

21. JimmyTommyHenry says:

Which website? Hope it works for me, live in Norway, so I might have to watch it on YouTube later :S

Not 15 minutes long. Usually for satellite feeds like this they repeat for a window of time to allow media outlets around the world to record the broadcast. In this case, 15 minutes. As for watching it live, only media outlets and individuals with serious satellite equipment (not tv receiver dishes) will be able to view it. The purpose of the feed is to get the trailer into the morning US news cycle by streaming it the night before, and then a second stream for international markets on a delayed news cycle. It will most likely appear online later that day.

23. Fredrik Pousette Falk says:

Where will it stream, and at what time according to GMT?

24. Fredrik Pousette Falk says:

Where will it stream, and at what time according to GMT?

Cant wait

26. Caleb says:

Yeah where can we visit this trailer?