TheOneRing.net: Collecting The Precious – Elessar’s Collection Update 2020 https://t.co/Czmi576EyA https://t.co/kkK9QQvd8w

TheOneRing.net: Looks like Dominic Monaghan is playing D&D tonight! Check out @DomsWildThings over on le twitch https://t.co/JiiIQmLC4k

TheOneRing.net: CONFIRMED: Cinematographer Óscar Faura joins Amazon's @LOTRonPrime show, worked on Imitation Game + all @filmbayonahttps://t.co/Sp74Q12W4q

Evangeline Lilly anxious over ‘Hobbit’ role

September 23, 2011 at 3:46 pm by linuxelf  -

From [3News]

Evangeline Lilly fears “purist” fans will hate herrole in The Hobbit because her character didn’t feature in the book and was invented solely for the fantasy film adaptation.

The Lost actress’ Sylvan elf Tauriel was created especially for director Peter Jackson‘s upcoming Lord of the Rings prequel, based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic novel The Hobbit.

But Lilly admits she is terrified Tolkien devotees won’t respond well when the movie epic is released next year.

[Read More]

Posted in Casting Rumors, Evangeline Lilly, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie on September 23, 2011 by Source: 3news.co.nz
Order the Gollum Enraged - Click Here

10 responses to “Evangeline Lilly anxious over ‘Hobbit’ role”

1. BirchSama says:

I hate her anyway, LOST was a painful experience and she was part of it.

2. Linda Turner says:

For my part, and that of many of my friends, she is 100% right.

She doesn’t need to be nervous just yet. Let the fans see the movies first, we can’t do anything but speculation by now. 🙂

4. Jayne says:

I was optimistic about this addition until I read this. The fact that the actress is “worried” to the degree where it has to become public news suggests that Tauriel will have a rather significant role in the story. After all, it wouldn’t have made sense for the actors playing the Rohirric family in The Two Towers to openly express their fears about the reception of their characters. They were minor additions that enhanced, rather than detracted from, the story. I know that it’s easy to make judgements at this stage, but can we infer from this article that Tauriel’s addition to the adaptation is going to be somewhat controversial?

5. Replicant_zeb says:

I just hope she isnt involved in a love scene.

6. Doug MacArthur says:

Don’t worry… Just play your role to the best of your ability, and people will accept it… If they don’t then some people just need to get a life…

7. Tea says:

I think Jackson will do a great job on the film, though I feel that she is nervous for good reason. Personally I hate the add of a “female elf with romance” character for the movie; totally unnecessary.

8. DarthJ says:

Yeesh. Why take away from a great story by adding a female character?

9. Joshjanney93 says:

She was great in LOST.  I can understand why some may find Kate annoying, but that was because of bad writing, not Lilly’s performance.

10. Elbilin says:

@ Jayne – That’s a fair comment. And to be honest if they’ve added her in to add a ‘romance’ aspect then I have to say that there are no characters she could feasibly have a romance with. Not likely to be Gandalf, or Bilbo, and certainly not one of the dwarves considering most of them fought against elves at some point or other with bitter hatred. Which means it must be elf on elf action thus implying that they are going to be running a side-plot involving Legolas (another non feature in the book). It’s all good and well though anyone of the many devoted fans (myself included) arguing the finer points of canon – and most likely getting shot down as book geeks – but this would certainly be one change I would be very interested in hearing Chris Tolkien’s opinion on. That said adding roles for the ladies does seem to be a popular theme after all poor Glorfindel had his entire part cut from LotR in favour of Arwen acting somewhat contrary to her character (I guess being the only known elf to have been resurrected/reincarnated doesn’t make you important in big world, lol).

To be fair to Evangeline though I doubt it would be her that takes the flak if the role doesn’t go down well, provided she does her best.