TheOneRing.net: Collecting The Precious – Weta Workshop’s Witch-king & Frodo at Weathertop https://t.co/NXZ81l5tDw

TheOneRing.net: We have a confirmation for SDCC: Rohan will NOT answer this year. https://t.co/F1ohFGgsUP

TheOneRing.net: Faramir's men wearing masks since the third age. https://t.co/1C617ExGJm

Edited Dwarves Photoshoot

July 9, 2011 at 6:38 pm by xoanon  -

Paul sends along this photo of all 5 revealed dwarves..thanks Paul!

Posted in Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit on July 9, 2011 by

Key to Erebor

17 responses to “Edited Dwarves Photoshoot”

1. Ianhickam says:

Now look dont get me wrong by my comments,but my god are you kidding me,i love this book and I love the lord of the rings books but I am getting really worried that jackson is going to blow it-im not impressed by this picture im not impressed on the direction for the story line of adding new characters that have no part in it. It is and always will be a simple exciting story that dosent need to be blown up into a money grubbing free for all!!! This picture does not reassure me at all!! I ian hickam say this if I go to these “movies” and get a history lesson on lord of the rings because he dosent feel he got it right the first time I will stand at the end of the second movie and boo,-jackson should read the stories again and maybe he would realize that greed is a big part of the message of the books!

2. aragorn2 says:

Only the 2 on the right look like dwarves I would have imagined, and the one on the right looks absolutely terrible. I really hope they look better in the movie

3. Luthien says:

They look even better than I imagined! Can’t wait! I would have liked to know the names of the two on the right however, since we have the other three.

4. Luthien says:

never mind, I hadn’t read down the page far enough. Got the names: Oin and Gloin! Super!

5. Gwindor says:

It’s great. I made a composite as well, an early version was posted by a friend of mine in the fourms but I have tweaked it some more after that and the final I posted on the Sideshow Freaks forum yesterday. It’s higher resolution and a little brighter so you can really study the details of the costumes. It’s available here;

6. Jkinabru says:

They all look fine to me except the hair do on the far left..It’s a little much..Kinda reminds me of when Hugo weaving had the ringlets. I couldn’t tell if he was Elrond or if we were on the set of Priscilla queen of the desert..lol…I really like the dwarves costumes..Tone down the beards and the hair and were good 🙂

7. Jeff says:

They sure are wearing a lot of clothing. It looks very uncomfortable and, somehow, I don’t think that Tolkien envisaged them quite this way. One of them looks a bit like a little Klingon.

8. Phil says:

where are their coloured hoods?  Not at all as described in The Hobbit.

9. Alexwally29 says:

I think whoever thinks these dwarves are bad is an idiot. Just because their beards aren’t twelve feet long doesn’t mean they are bad. It would be wierd to have thirteen Gimli clones in the movie!!!!!! These dwarves are perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nori’s hair is amazing!

I think they look great. You need to realize that the can’t all look the same on the big screen. They must feel and look like unique characters.

11. Gurumother says:

Is it me or do they look like they were created on an Online Roleplaying Game using the random button. Sorry but not too keen, they look a little too cartoony and not gritty enough.

12. ScrewtopReviews says:

If you recall in the book their beards were several differant bright colours.

13. THENAMELESSONE says:

I think their individual looks will reflect the different personalities of each and it will be more fitting once we see them in the film. Then their costumes will make more sense to these people. Don’t you think? ^_^

14. THENAMELESSONE says:

15. Mike says:

Am I missing something? Nary an axe?

16. Mike says:

Am I missing something? Nary an axe?

17. fablorraine says:

Maybe it’s me, but they don’t look at all as I had envisioned them. They look like midget escapees from a Trekkie convention. Where are the colored hoods? As frequently as I have seen his films, I will never share Mr. Jackson’s focus of tolkienalia, which seems focused on the martial aspects. For me, it is language/ culture, and spirituality through Catholicism. Hope, despite overwhelming odds. Well, there will always be the books, and my imagination. I just prayhe doesn’t touch’The Silmarilion’.