Weekly Newsletter

Select a list:

Have you Recommended TheOneRing.net Today?

April 19, 2011 at 9:27 am by newsfrombree  -

Do you enjoy TheOneRing.net? Do you enjoy our coverage of The Hobbit film production? Maybe you’re a book purist who enjoys our reporting on non-movie related Tolkien events worldwide? Or are you a gamer who looks to us for the latest news related to ‘The War in the North?’ Maybe you are a forum member who finds TheOneRing.net to be a home away from home?

However you use TheOneRing.net, we humbly ask you to share the love. Whether it’s by posting our website on your Facebook wall, or sending out a tweet about us, please pass the word around about TheOneRing.net and what we do here. For your reference, our official Facebook and Twitter pages are:

www.facebook.com/theoneringnet
www.twitter.com/theoneringnet (@theoneringnet)

As a not for profit organization, run 100% by enthusiastic volunteers, TheOneRing.net is unique in how we value success. Success for us is earning the trust of the Tolkien community by providing you with the latest news related to all things Tolkien. To give you this information not for our own profit, but instead to help grow the community of Tolkien fans worldwide. The easiest and FREE way you can help us do that is by spreading the word about us to friends and family.

We hope you will do so. Thank you for your support!

Posted in Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community, Tolkien on April 19, 2011 by Have you Recommended TheOneRing.net Today? | Discuss
Order the Gollum Enraged - Click Here

10 responses to “Have you Recommended TheOneRing.net Today?”

Tell you what. I’ll tell people to read your site IF I decide there is a reason to do so. Your begging me to do word of mouth is a little… pathetic.

2. luis says:

i wish onering.net had an app on the IPHONE
    Sincerely Luis Angel

3. Sauronette says:

O, I just did that the other day 😀 I totally promoted you on my favorite forum (besides TORn forum of course), I’m a part for quite some time now 🙂
    And btw, I wanted to say this for a long time, I love you all for making this page. This is my favorite on line page since I learned what Internet was !!

4. Ladydi1984 says:

Um, no, as a matter of fact I have only done the opposite ever since that miserable experience I had in your forum, I’ve recounted this in both Tolkien and general sites and will continue to post my Tolkien-related news/thoughts/observations elsewhere. Sorry but I’m not the forgiving type.

5. As a member of the Tolkien Community Onering.net has been the standard we look to for the latest news and the inside scoop on the LOTR movies and The Hobbit. Will always recommend you guys!

6. As a member of the Tolkien Community Onering.net has been the standard we look to for the latest news and the inside scoop on the LOTR movies and The Hobbit. Will always recommend you guys!

7. Wisse Stolk says:

I’ve got to be honest about this now. I seriously check your site every single day, but there is a lot of non news on here as well!

I mean: a clearly fan made video of the return of Sauron? I think nearly everyone on these boards has seen the stuff on the third box set.
    And all this stuff about Game of Thrones. What does that have to do with LotR except that it is fantasy and has Sean Bean?
    And last, we love the video Peter Jackson made on the set of The Hobbit, but I don’t need to see it rehashed into news items.

It would be great if we had a main site with the main news (not clogged up with side news and funny stuff) and a subsection covering all news. The main news could be a bit like an extended version of the ‘Headlines’ box. Now I spend every day sifting through loads of uninteresting stuff, until I find something to my taste.

How about linking the site to your facebook account and letting one choose which subjects he or she wants to find on site. If this is too elaborate. Maybe there is a way to show all the Headlines, but create a button with which one can expand the box and read the article.

8. Wisse Stolk says:

Sorry to hear it Ladydi1984! Glad to see you still visit the site on a regular basis and digest our news. I would suggest that your experience on our boards was most likely unusual. Hopefully you took the time to explain the issues to a forum administrator.