TheOneRing.net: CGI Modelers Riggers Lore Artists https://t.co/9aoeYwBwy9

TheOneRing.net: Psssst.... Amazon is hiring for the LORD OF THE RINGS project in multiple countries This is your moment, get your… https://t.co/NeSSG0vSdu

TheOneRing.net: We may come to know him as lil’ Ani. 🤭 https://t.co/Y0NQtp2Ude

Hobbit in 5 – John Howe’s Smaug, Orlando Bloom, and Your Questions

March 18, 2011 at 11:27 am by xoanon  -

On this episode of Hobbit in 5 John Howe reports that Smaug the Golden and Eowyn & the Nazgul are available again, Orlando Bloom considers being in the Hobbit, we have another fabulous contest to announce.

Background Entries:
Link to TORN Logo: http://hobbitin5.com/the-one-ring-logo.png
Also, make it 1920 x 1080. Show us your photoshop skills!
Please email submissions to contest@hobbitin5.com

Posted in Collectibles, Hobbit Movie, Hugo Weaving, J.R.R. Tolkien, John Howe, Orlando Bloom, The Hobbit, Tolkien on March 18, 2011 by

Thorin Oakenshield

18 responses to “Hobbit in 5 – John Howe’s Smaug, Orlando Bloom, and Your Questions”

1. SteveDJ says:

Is this where questions go? I’d like to know where you got the theme music for the H5 episodes? (yea, probably been answered elsewhere on some forums, but I haven’t been able to search them all).

2. Hobbitin1 says:

So here’s my question: If I make a “Hobbit in 5” show that blows this one away (which would be freaking easy to do) will you let me be the host instead of the pretty girl who is clearly a favor?

3. Matvonesh says:

@OneRing.net Questions: Where do I send the background image I have created for the Hobbit in 5 contest? Thanks!

On quality we look for in people that would help with TheOneRing.net is humility and respect. Both of which you seem to lack. So to your specific request about being a host, no. As for making your own version, please feel free. We wish you good luck in your endeavors.

5. Vivid says:

Oh, please, please, PLEASE! Bring Orlando back as Legolas!!! And, I dont’ mind him playing Thranduil too! 🙂

6. Vivid says:

7. GAndyalf says:

I’m pretty taken aback by the original comment by Hobbitin1. I love this feature and think Ms Platt is excellent. I like the laid-back attitude, the quick delivery and especially the outtakes at the end!

8. GAndyalf says:

9. GAndyalf says:

10. GAndyalf says:

11. GAndyalf says:

12. GAndyalf says:

13. GAndyalf says:

My question: When is the official fan club going to start up and will they put us on the Extended Edition DVDs again? PLEEZE??

14. Jason Kaiser says:

You are some of the best people I know! I have been following TORN for over ten years and it is quality like this that makes me continue to come back again and again. I applaud you and your success and I can’t wait to follow the subsequent news.

15. Mike Duttera says:

Not sure where my comment just disappeared to but again-
    speaking of out takes at the end of Hobbit in 5, what was that muttered ditty she sang at the end? Sounded like the “follow the yellow brick road” song from Wizard of Oz but maybe it was something else?

16. GAndyalf says:

Yup, “Follow the yellow brick road” it was.

17. GAndyalf says:

Yup, “Follow the yellow brick road” it was.

18. Matt-o-plex says:

In response to the posed question, I would DEFINITELY not mind Orlando Bloom returning as Legolas. The fact that Tolkien hadn’t created Legolas yet doesn’t actually mean that the character couldn’t have been present for some of the book’s events. Even if Tolkien actually was translating “The Red Book of Westmarch,” Legolas could still have played a part; all it means is that Bilbo either wasn’t formally introduced to Legolas or he didn’t play a big enough role in the action for Bilbo to mention the elf in “There and Back Again.” Legolas is an elf of Mirkwood, and the son of King Thranduil, so I could definitely imagine him being one of the elves of Mirkwood mentioned in “The Hobbit.” It is quite possible that he was even one of the archers in the Battle of Five Armies! Lol, I know that Thorin & CO. didn’t join the battle till late, but it would be neat to see Legolas and Gloin fighting side by side. I would love to see Legolas fell a cave troll, the troll take out a warg and a goblin when it fell to the ground, and Gloin call out “That still only counts as one!” 😀