TheOneRing.net: We may come to know him as lil’ Ani. 🤭 https://t.co/Y0NQtp2Ude

TheOneRing.net: Beautiful — as if one took a step right *into* the book cover. #TolkienWeek #HobbitDay https://t.co/RYp7HfKXUd

Nicholas Tolkien’s ‘ANACAPA’ Trailer Hits

March 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm by xoanon  -

Nicholas Tolkien, great-grandson of JRR Tolkien, sends this in: I first want to say how much I love your site. I’d love to interact with it somehow in the future. I have just completed a feature film entitled ANACAPA which you very kindly linked to on your main page. I have just released the trailer and wanted to see if you may be interested in posting it somewhere here. I am hugely inspired by the work my great-grandfather made and I love the community you’ve created here.

Posted in Tolkien, Tolkien Family on March 1, 2011 by

Daggers of Tauriel

10 responses to “Nicholas Tolkien’s ‘ANACAPA’ Trailer Hits”

1. annunaki says:

This is so bad I don’t know what to say. It shouldn’t be on a site where the main focus is REAL movies.

I can’t comment on the whole movie because I haven’t seen it but from the trailer it looks heavily LOST based.

3. Concerned Parent says:

I can’t believe that you posted a video that drops the f-bomb more than once! What are you people thinking? There are kids that come to this site all the time and adults like me don’t want to hear it either. Who cares if the Tolkien name is on this movie. It has nothing to do with LOTR or the Hobbit!

Agreed!

5. Ryansdavis says:

Yeah! And how dare this website be dedicated to a book/movie where characters DIE?! I don’t want to see/hear/read anything even remotely unpleasant! And I shouldn’t have to be responsible for anything my kids do online either!

6. Colefilcole says:

this was so bad, way to ride on your surname’s legacy to make me waste time on such an amateur pop clone. it’s terrifying that this person is able to call himself a filmmaker, what delusion of grandeur, it’s exactly like microwaving instant macaroni and calling yourself a chef

7. Daniel says:

I dont understand this. so yea its cool that he is related to Tolkien but this has nothing to do with anything related to Tolkien’s work. This is just a movie that he made. If he made a movie about middle earth, like a story from the Silmarilion, then it would make sense to put him on this site. Actually he should make the story of Beren and Luthien into a movie that would be great. I think that story is osme of Tolkien’s best writting.

I agree that the trailer don’t fits here, but it don’t deserve that slaughtering. Looks like a cool summer action movie! Interesting that they chose the music from computer game Myst III Exile

9. Sophia G. says:

Nicholas, I saw the movie and found it very interesting… As young as you are you showed mature approach with your creative way of telling the story about the events which very possible can be a reality…  And if people will be more awake and sensitive to their surrounding and everything what is going on in the world today they will recognize your true talent especially in this movie…  I commend you for being brave and mature beyond and above your young age… I’ll be anxiously looking for your future films and you have a very great future ahead of you.  Please never stop but continue to be creative in your unique art… art of making unique movies with passion… And you are good at!!! I mean it. By the way, good choice of choosing the cast, in particular Frances and Robert… Sophia G.

10. Sophia G. says: